Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: BCWF supports BAN on crossbow scopes

Re: BCWF supports BAN on crossbow scopes

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    If that is your view so be it but you still have a history of statements that contradict what you are saying today. If you agree or not you have given an anti archery opportunity vibe to many beyond myself. People can search and make there own call if they wish. The question I asked did not get pulled out of thin air

If it is wrong to judge you by your past statements you are way out of line judging those who voted because of what ”some bow hunters” have said are anti crossbow

but I doubt this will have any impact so continue on
    No, I'm not making contradictory statements. I feel the exact same way now as I ever did. I am not anti archery at all. People should hunt with whatever they choose, but not at the expense of others opportunity. Weapon choice should not equal extra privileges in my opinion. Obviously since we have had special bow seasons for many years, the government disagrees with me, and that is fine as I am used to disagreeing with government on many subjects.

I don't actually care if you "judge" me. You are just some guy on the internet, like the rest of us. Your opinion of me has no effect on my life whatsoever.

Again, what is really important is what led to the various groups endorsing these proposals. That's the real subject. We have just learned that the WSSoBC voted in favour of this. What other groups did too, and why?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
    Gates, I am not saying that certain members of the archery community would not be all over this. All I am saying is that when it comes to this proposal Archers aren't to blame. They can see the writing on the wall for BOS.

At this table rrsident hunters were not represented. It thst simple. Of the groups there the archers were the closest.

Hopefully they will issue a statement soon.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Gateholio==To me archery season helps spread out the pressure myself and the guys I hunt with almost exclusively hunt deer during both early and late archery seasons. So do a significant number of people i know specifically because of the reduced number of hunters in the bush. Close the archery season you now have increased pressure for everybody. Yes it is my choice of weapon for deer but I am definitely not an elitist. When I go hunting I go with the expectation of killing something which will generally be the first legal animal that presents a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by sthdslayer View Post
    Gateholio==To me archery season helps spread out the pressure myself and the guys I hunt with almost exclusively hunt deer during both early and late archery seasons. So do a significant number of people i know specifically because of the reduced number of hunters in the bush. Close the archery season you now have increased pressure for everybody. Yes it is my choice of weapon for deer but I am definitely not an elitist. When I go hunting I go with the expectation of killing something which will generally be the first legal animal that presents a shot.
    I would not suggest that someone that takes advantage of a bow season is an "elitist." It's when someone wants to exclude someone else due to their weapon choice that they become an elitist. Like if a longbow hunter feels compound bows should not be allowed, or a compound hunter thinks crossbows should not be allowed, or a crossbow hunter feels long bows should not be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    No, I'm not making contradictory statements. I feel the exact same way now as I ever did. I am not anti archery at all. People should hunt with whatever they choose, but not at the expense of others opportunity. Weapon choice should not equal extra privileges in my opinion. Obviously since we have had special bow seasons for many years, the government disagrees with me, and that is fine as I am used to disagreeing with government on many subjects.

I don't actually care if you "judge" me. You are just some guy on the internet, like the rest of us. Your opinion of me has no effect on my life whatsoever.

Again, what is really important is what led to the various groups endorsing these proposals. That's the real subject. We have just learned that the WSSoBC voted in favour of this. What other groups did too, and why?
    Don’t expect you to care what I think of you and you have never come off as someone who worries about others opinions

As for why so many voted on this is the options given all sucked and none of the above was not a choice

As for why so many voted on this is the options given all sucked and none of the above was not a choice
    Hopefully we will get the official word from the various organizations on why they are listed as supporting these proposals.

Arrow Re: BCWF supports BAN on crossbow scopes

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    ... I would like to see a public announcement from all groups listed on these proposals about why they supported them and if they did not support the proposals, why they are named as supporting them if they actually did not.
    Been actively encouraging that all round. Those that bristle at the thought send signals regardless whether they comply or not...

... As for why so many voted on this is the options given all sucked and none of the above was not a choice
    And that is a matter of disingenuous and erroneous policy.
    Something which WILL be addressed shortly after this whole proposal bullshit itself has been put to rest...

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    This is Complete BULL SHIT ! Iron sight's or Scope on Rifles - Pins or Scope on Cross bows or REG Bows - Who gives a SHIT - Theres already too God Dam MANY Rules and Regulations ! I am against the BAN ! RJ
    Well said!
    A man does not choose the momment, the momment chooses the man!

I don't see a problem with a scope on a crossbow. It's still a crossbow in the end. And it's not like bows haven't been developed either. A compound bow greatly extends the range, ease and effectiveness compared to a traditional. But the BCWF doesn't seem to have this problem with compound bows.

On the other hand, I don't like those inline muzzleloaders that are so popular elsewhere, with their scopes and sabot projectiles and pellets of high-pressure "not-black-powder", where it's clearly far closer to a modern rifle than the less effective historical arms their special seasons were supposed to be intended for. And since they are all guns which require the same basic skills, I don't see a reason people would feel the need use them, either, besides simply taking advantage.

But I don't have a problem with the modern archery equipment because it's never going to be a firearm, and there's only so far you can go with an arrow. The popularity of modern bowhunting is a fairly recent thing anyways and modern technology has been there ever since it really took off (first compound bow: 1969).

Earlier in this thread it was mentioned the CO's have issue with the number of cocked crossbows they find in vehicles. Since many old geezers took up crossbows due to some sort of infirmity (commonly a shoulder issue) it is understandable that they would not want to or are afraid to manually let down their crossbow string. I suspect that many if not most of these crossbow hunters are not aware there are bolts specifically made to be fired into the ground, soft stump, foam block or other similar target for the specific purpose of leaving the bowman with an uncocked crossbow read for transport. I only found about these bolts by accident after I had owned and hunted several crossbows. None of the crossbow vendors ever mentioned these bolts to me while I was buying my crossbows. Since I have never seen them used at an archery range or seen them mentioned in videos or magazine articles it is very likely that there are many crossbow hunters who would use them if vendors would bring these bolts to their attention as a very useful accessories.
    "The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."