Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: BCWF supports BAN on crossbow scopes

Re: BCWF supports BAN on crossbow scopes

Sounds to me like archery "purist" who think all bow hunting has to be done in a vertical fashion have pushed really hard, and this is the "compromise."

Sadly I think this will pass despite some push back. That said anyone want to buy a crossbow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tred View Post
    Sounds to me like archery "purist" who think all bow hunting has to be done in a vertical fashion have pushed really hard, and this is the "compromise."

Sadly I think this will pass despite some push back. That said anyone want to buy a crossbow.
    Nope but you are doing a good job of sticking a knife in the back of some of those who stood to defend crossbows

I am glad that this is still being brought to the forefront but it has been established numerous times that the 'Archery Purists" are not the ones behind this and that the members of the archery group sitting at the table are one of the few who actually stood their ground and voted against it. That is more than can likely be said of several of the other people at the table whose groups they represent "officially" oppose it but they voted for it anyways.

Maybe it really was the best choice available, maybe they voted with their own personal bias, or maybe the groups they represent changed their tune after seeing the backlash. I don't know. But i do know that ALL hunters should be making their comments on the proposals (when site gets back up), and ALL hunters should be asking a lot of questions of all the groups at the table; non of which were resident hunter organizations!!!

Also, please stop blaming the archers!
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

I've seen far too many anti crossbow posts over the years from certain bow hunters to believe that there were not some bow hunters salivating at the idea of putting further restrictions on crossbows.

I would like to see a public announcement from all groups listed on these proposals about why they supported them and if they did not support the proposals, why they are named as supporting them if they actually did not.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    I've seen far too many anti crossbow posts over the years from certain bow hunters to believe that there were not some bow hunters salivating at the idea of putting further restrictions on crossbows.

I would like to see a public announcement from all groups listed on these proposals about why they supported them and if they did not support the proposals, why they are named as supporting them if they actually did not.
    And you have a long history of being anti archery opportunity and accusations that anything suggested in this manner is elitists trying to keep others out

If we are taking the history of peoples character into consideration

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    And you have a long history of being anti archery opportunity and accusations that anything suggested in this manner is elitists trying to keep others out

If we are taking the history of peoples character into consideration
    Bullshit.

I'm not anti archery opportunity if it makes sense. "Because we want a special season" does not make sense to me, but there are other reasons that do, such as safety or conservation.

I am however anti elitist. Anyone that wants to keep a different form of bow than they use out of bow season is an elitist.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Bullshit.

I'm not anti archery opportunity if it makes sense. "Because we want a special season" does not make sense to me, but there are other reasons that do, such as safety or conservation.

I am however anti elitist. Anyone that wants to keep a different form of bow than they use out of bow season is an elitist.
    So do you still believe when conservation is concerned that straight LEH is the only fair option over an LEH/archery season combo because the archery season “excludes” people?

You have stated an number of times in the past that only GOS or LEH is the fair option and bow hunting can take place during those seasons if they want to bow hunt. So when is a archery season an option in your opinion?

I have no problem giving you the benifit of the doubt that you have changed your mindset overt the years but you have stated your opposition to archery seasons many times

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    So do you still believe when conservation is concerned that straight LEH is the only fair option over an LEH/archery season combo because the archery season “excludes” people?

You have stated an number of times in the past that only GOS or LEH is the fair option and bow hunting can take place during those seasons if they want to bow hunt. So when is a archery season an option in your opinion?

I have no problem giving you the benifit of the doubt that you have changed your mindset overt the years but you have stated your opposition to archery seasons many times

My thoughts on bow seasons are simple-

If an opportunity can be made to hunt with a bow that can not be made available to hunt with all weapons, then a bow only season is desirable. If it's just a special season because "bow hunters want an exclusive season" then it makes no sense to me.

You are losing sight of the most important thing though. Unlike the organizations listed as supporting these proposals, my personal opinions do not dictate or influence policy or regulation. It would be nice if all the groups listed issued statements on these proposals and clearly indicated what they voted to endorse to clear up any ambiguity.

My thoughts on bow seasons are simple-

If an opportunity can be made to hunt with a bow that can not be made available to hunt with all weapons, then a bow only season is desirable. If it's just a special season because "bow hunters want an exclusive season" then it makes no sense to me.

You are losing sight of the most important thing though. Unlike the organizations listed as supporting these proposals, my personal opinions do not dictate or influence policy or regulation. It would be nice if all the groups listed issued statements on these proposals and clearly indicated what they voted to endorse to clear up any ambiguity.
    If that is your view so be it but you still have a history of statements that contradict what you are saying today. If you agree or not you have given an anti archery opportunity vibe to many beyond myself. People can search and make there own call if they wish. The question I asked did not get pulled out of thin air

If it is wrong to judge you by your past statements you are way out of line judging those who voted because of what ”some bow hunters” have said are anti crossbow

but I doubt this will have any impact so continue on

Gates, I am not saying that certain members of the archery community would not be all over this. All I am saying is that when it comes to this proposal Archers aren't to blame. They can see the writing on the wall for BOS.

At this table rrsident hunters were not represented. It thst simple. Of the groups there the archers were the closest.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!