Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: BCWF supports BAN on crossbow scopes

Re: BCWF supports BAN on crossbow scopes

Quote Originally Posted by btridge View Post
    What you fail to understand, is that modern Compound Bows and modern Crossbows have the SAME effective hunting range.

If you take ten rifle shooters/hunters that have never shot any type of bow. On Wednesday morning, give five a compound bow and give five a scoped crossbow, all being tuned and sighted in. Tell them, Saturday morning there will be a shooting contest, so practice. On Saturday morning YOU will be required to place a ten thousand dollar bet on either the compound team or the crossbow team, both shooting at cantaloupe at seventy yards. Oh, and the crossbow team can use shooting stix, bench rest or through the open window of a truck. Pick your team.

Now replace cantaloupe at the range with opening day of archery season.

Sometimes it can be hard to tell the dumb from the willfully obtuse. But it gets easier the more they talk.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambush View Post
    If you take ten rifle shooters/hunters that have never shot any type of bow. On Wednesday morning, give five a compound bow and give five a scoped crossbow, all being tuned and sighted in. Tell them, Saturday morning there will be a shooting contest, so practice. On Saturday morning YOU will be required to place a ten thousand dollar bet on either the compound team or the crossbow team, both shooting at cantaloupe at seventy yards. Oh, and the crossbow team can use shooting stix, bench rest or through the open window of a truck. Pick your team.

Sometimes it can be hard to tell the dumb from the willfully obtuse. But it gets easier the more they talk.

It would have to be a timed match to reflect hunting situations. As such, the compound users would win because of their 3-1 rate of fire over the crossbow users.

Really, if modern archery gear is a conservation concern, it's time to disallow anything on modern bows that increase effectiveness. Compound bows with their pulley systems and aiming devices must be treated the same way as scopes on crossbows. Ultimately leaving only longbows, recurve bows and traditional crossbows with iron sights available to hunt with in bow seasons.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambush View Post

You seem to have missed the point of the disagreement, I'll choose the 30/30 over any crossbow.

I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

Thanks for the morning laugh. Hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by btridge View Post
    Originally Posted by Bugle M In

But, an Xbow is what I compared to be "similar to" a 30/30, imo, in what I was trying to post.
    (Sure, a 30/30 can go farther, but I was comparing a Xbow to a Vertical as one would a 30/30 to a 7mm mag

And here is the problem, YOU make statements like this!
    This shows those of us that DO have the knowledge about Compound Bows and Crossbows, that YOU no nothing about the subject you claim to know about. Again, you do all hunters a disservice when you make statements like this.
    What you fail to understand, is that modern Compound Bows and modern Crossbows have the SAME effective hunting range. This includes the Ravin, speaking from first hand knowledge.

To single out crossbows because of the effective range over Compound bows is wrong.
    I was trying to explain "what OTHER people" are saying and how "some look at the issue of XBows".
    Trying to explain to folks "why some want XBow gone"...their reasons.
    I didn't do a good job obviously (blame my self and wish I hadn't bothered!).

Yes, a 30/30 is better than an XBow.
    But most folks "believe" an XBow is a mid range weapon, that if they buy it, allows them to shoot out to 100yrds to hunt,
    especially when they hit 400fps and advertise the shit out of them.

Thus the 30/30 comparison.
    Do you want to buy a 30/30 today, for all the hunting scenarios in BC, or would you go to a 7mm mag???
    My friend John at Reliable Guns will probably tell yo 30/30's ain't flying off the shelf in sales this week!

And the same argument is used by diehard vertical bow guys at time

[QUOTE=Bugle M In;2148761]
    Yes, a 30/30 is better than an XBow.
    But most folks "believe" an XBow is a mid range weapon, that if they buy it, allows them to shoot out to 100yrds to hunt,
    especially when they hit 400fps and advertise the shit out of them.

Not sure where you get the data to support your statement that "most folks believe a Xbow is a mid range weapon that allows them to shoot out to 100 yards". I don't know a single cross bow owner that has said that when we have discussed performance of cross bows. Before you make these definitive statements, you at least should be able to provide the data to back up your claim. You wonder why people are questioning your integrity and motives.

What I take offence to, is the "personal jab" of your post, not your disagreement to the topic.
    If folks would stick to "debating" without personal innuendos, things are easier to discuss.
    Throw personal things in, well, then we have a problem.
    That's no way to get respect, imo. (I know, you could care less if you had mine).

And then Why I-R got involved with adding to those innuendos (not surprising as he has along history of doing it to tons of folks on
    HBC over the years if they don't conform to his views), I will never understand.
    I expect that from LBM (that's why he came up in my post although he hasn't even said anything, it's just what he does with me,
    and others, and about all he ever does on here.)
    Thus the correlation of lbm/metalhead.

Funny how some will be big shots, have lots of weight supposedly behind them, and have no issues hacking on folks all day long on here (although I know it happens on many I-net sites, not just hbc), behind a keyboard, putting other folks down.
    I have nothing more on that other then sitting here shaking my head and wondering how folks think it okay and expect others
    respect?
    How does it help?
    How many have left HBC because of it?

Again, my door is always open, and always would love a face to face!...in person, if one wants to talk like that.

As for long winded post, I do it at times to help avoid misinterpretation, however, it's not always any better.
    Disagree respectfully with folks like me, and I will listen and see/think where I went wrong.
    Talk stupid, shit talk....then come to my door.
    But don't expect folks to listen much if they know you are one of those that spends much of their time with that sort of
    behavior on any site.
    And there are a few on here.

I support XBow, but I understand if the vertical bow guys were to lose BOS outright because of them, that they would ask for
    Xbow to be removed from BOS like Alberta.
    The scope issue is down right dumb.
    Sooner or later, we will see that come up as a proposal (XBow out of BOS),imo.

I support every form of hunting, as long as rules like ATV on roads only or designated trails for example.
    Understand some folks reasoning for the bait ban to slow CWD, but in the end, it just removes a form of hunting and CWD wont be stopped by it, so, whats good about that solution?
    Why I would be questioned as to my loyalties to the hunting community, is beyond me...just more shit talk.

Last note, I spent enough time at Billy Boys house in the backyard with a 80 pound D/W compound, then a 65 pound D/W compound when my shoulder started to go, and after the 3rd operation (disaster), practice with my FIL's XBow.
    And if you don't know the nickname Billy Boy in the Bow World here in BC, then you know less about bows then I do.

So what's the motivation behind this enforcement? Too much harvest? Been hearing the talk of banning target turrets as well...whats the deal? Is the anti hunting gov't just trying to edge us out one useless rule at a time?
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    So what's the motivation behind this enforcement? Too much harvest? Been hearing the talk of banning target turrets as well...whats the deal? Is the anti hunting gov't just trying to edge us out one useless rule at a time?
    The NDP would never do such a thing!!!
    How dare you!!!