Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: BCWF supports BAN on crossbow scopes

Re: BCWF supports BAN on crossbow scopes

I looked for a statement from bcwf before I started this thread, I couldn't find one, when did this statement come out?
    Why did it take so long ?
    I know this was a government policy put forth, did bcwf refuse to give a vote on said policy ?

Arrow Re: BCWF supports BAN on crossbow scopes

Quote Originally Posted by btridge View Post
    I looked for a statement from bcwf before I started this thread, I couldn't find one, when did this statement come out?
    I know this was a government policy put forth, did bcwf refuse to give a vote on said policy ?
    It came out 3 hours ago on this Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2031...group_activity

And yes, it took a spell.
    I can't say why.

But it is now finally out there.

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    I would like to know where they got that data as they even admitted in the proposal that they don't know the numbers because it is not asked in the hunter survey mail out. I hunt 6-04, and know of 1 bull that was harvested where i hunt this past season
    According to government this reported increase in harvest was reported by butchers. Not what I would call scientific .

Quote Originally Posted by chilcotin hillbilly View Post
    According to government this reported increase in harvest was reported by butchers. Not what I would call scientific .
    Just points out the subjectivity of most of the proposals, nothing to do with science, just someones feel-good

Like the 6-29 moose proposal, someone feels the pressure is increasing so lets make a change, regardless of pop. numbers
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by btridge View Post
    I hope there is some success in obtaining the minutes of these meetings through FO; but it is important to remember that the people voting for at these discussions are individuals. In some cases these individuals serve 2 masters and the one they choose to side with may not be the one they were selected to represent. I believe this was alluded to earlier in this thread. It also explains the delay in responding as explanations and justification is sought before proceeding!
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Quote Originally Posted by chilcotin hillbilly View Post
    Thanks for that, this makes it even more insane
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

I don't think there is any controversy in saying that improvements in bow technology and considerable decrease in cost has led to much greater hunter participation numbers and higher success rate. It's not unfathomable to think that eventually restrictions will have to be applied to address this situation.

As for crossbows I don't think their range or speed has much to do with anything. The reality is, an absolute novice can group bolts at 30 meters within a day of purchasing a crossbow. This same degree of competence takes countless hours of practice to achieve with a compound bow. This is entirely anecdotal evidence but in many years of shooting at my archery club along side hundreds of other archers I have never once seen a crossbow. Maybe all crossbow shooters have really large back yards.

This issue is important to me as I live in region 6 now and I spend many more days out with a bow than I do with a rifle. I know the outfitter who pioneered the LEH Bow season campaign and I am of a low opinion of him and his outfit. His interests are entirely his own and have absolutely nothing to do with species management. The thing is, my dislike of this person is not enough of a reason to not consider the merits of proposed regulation changes. Eventually restrictions will be imposed on archery seasons. This is one way to do it. Eliminating optics on archery equipment is another. Shrinking general open bow seasons is another.

Hunting opportunity has become so incredibly rare in the southern portion of Region 6 that I strongly oppose any decrease in length of season. I think 'no optics' idea is entirely plausible though a 'seniors and disability' exception would need to be introduced to go along with it. LEH is a much better solution to species management than GOS especially if it is combined with mandatory inspection. Personally I hate the LEH Bow proposal but that doesn't necessarily mean that I oppose it. Not everything has to be about satisfying my personal interests.

Eventually the 'spirit' of the bow season will be violated to a degree that some restriction will be necessary. It might come down to simply picking ones that you dislike the least.

Thumbs down Re: BCWF supports BAN on crossbow scopes

Quote Originally Posted by traparatus View Post
    ... It might come down to simply picking ones that you dislike the least.
    Don't drink their kool-aid.

Just don't.

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Exactly Nog. Anyone who thinks a crossbow shooter can become proficient in a few hours has never hunted successfully with a crossbow.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

banning crossbow scopes,
    Is the ban for bow only season ?