Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: BCWF supports BAN on crossbow scopes

Re: BCWF supports BAN on crossbow scopes

So it seems there is not much support here for this idiotic proposal so any body that hasn't already should log on to the government website and vote against it . Leave some kind of comment as well otherwise we may never know how many voted against.
    Check out all the other proposed regulation changes while your in there and put your 2 cents in on any you are for or against as well otherwise all you can do is bitch when the new regs come out.

https://apps.nrs.gov.bc.ca/ahte/hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter gatherer View Post
    Divide and conquer smh. Why attack compounds because crossbows are being attacked. As far as 70 or80 yards shots at game with a compound is ludicrous. Targets are a different story. If someone wants to use a crossbow to hunt archery season go for it they have been around for a long time . Yes technology has gotten better ,that's the good part about man. Maybe they should ban quads, pickups and scopes with high tech shooting systems. I hope some here see the ridiculousness of some comments here. We should stick together. And when you can get that 12" circle at 60 down to a 4" circle then maybe maybe you can shoot at game mr hood.
    I fully agree. I am no where good enough to shoot game at 60 yards. Heck, I barely picked up my bow this year since spring so I chose not to use it come hunting season as I wasn't comfortable with my abilities even at 30 yards. But that doesn't mean that others aren't. Go through some of the stories on here and lots of other sites. You will see it is already being done. I have watched a few antelope hunts that have even pushed it a little further. People were taking deer at 60+ yards 8 to 10 years ago. With the new generation of range finding sights I am sure it will be becoming more and more common

I am not attacking compound bows, just arguing they are just as capable of shooting the same distance as a crossbow. If distance is the argument then it should be applied equally.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Quote Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
    I fully agree. I am no where good enough to shoot game at 60 yards. Heck, I barely picked up my bow this year since spring so I chose not to use it come hunting season as I wasn't comfortable with my abilities even at 30 yards. But that doesn't mean that others aren't. Go through some of the stories on here and lots of other sites. You will see it is already being done. I have watched a few antelope hunts that have even pushed it a little further. People were taking deer at 60+ yards 8 to 10 years ago. With the new generation of range finding sights I am sure it will be becoming more and more common

I am not attacking compound bows, just arguing they are just as capable of shooting the same distance as a crossbow. If distance is the argument then it should be applied equally.
    Like I stated on other threads stupid proposal I would never support but man the BS is getting thick from those trying to justify crossbows

It takes way more effort to reach those ranges with a compound then it does with a crossbow. I have owned and hunted with crossbow, recurve and compound they are all very different. They all have advantages(yes even the recurve) and disadvantages.

In a really skilled archers hands yes the compound can do amazing things and in my opinion is even superior to the crossbow. But if you start talking average joe the crossbow is king and takes way less effort. Even with pin sights the crossbow is easier and that is what I used. I have buddies using the new crossbows with a scope and they are stupid easy to reach out to 60 yards with minimal practice

I have no problem supporting crossbows but the BS gets pretty thick from the pro crossbow crowd

"Prohibiting scopes on bows is thought to bring crossbows back into the short-range weapon category.
    Under this proposed regulation the use of scopes on bows would only be prohibited during bow only seasons; scopes on bows would continue to be permitted during general open seasons."

This is absurd and ridiculous. All it does it caters to a special interest group of bow hunters. It does nothing to enhance or conserve wildlife.

Just get rid of the special bow seasons and let people hunt with their weapon of choice.

What a farce. I feel good that I chose many years ago to quit the BCWF and WSSBC and local rod and gun clubs. I met one of the clowns from the BCWF while fishing for salmon. Arrogant prick thought he ran the universe.

Last edited by SemperAurum; 12-15-2019 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    You have in your sigline

WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member

Is this the same WSSBC that is also named as supporting this proposed no scopes on crossbows regulation?

I didn’t see that info. My apologies for not reading it fully. But I’ll be having a chat with them about it. Total bullshit
    Last edited by Brew; 12-15-2019 at 03:48 PM.
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

Why would a pro- bow hunting organization like the UBBC support this proposal? Do they feel there are too many hunters in bow only season?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Bow hunting organizations have been against crossbows in Archery only season as long as I can remember.
    BC is out of sync with most of Canada allowing them.
    Here in Saskatchewan crossbows are only allowed in Archery season in the firearm restricted zones around cities. The bowhunting association was/is opposed to crossbows in Archery season here.

Funny, never heard of the BCWF supporting this at all to date, makes me wonder where people get their information from.

Quote Originally Posted by saskbooknut View Post
    Bow hunting organizations have been against crossbows in Archery only season as long as I can remember.
    BC is out of sync with most of Canada allowing them.
    Here in Saskatchewan crossbows are only allowed in Archery season in the firearm restricted zones around cities. The bowhunting association was/is opposed to crossbows in Archery season here.

It is and always has been a people problem.

Bow hunters are really, really good hunters. The time and dedication is impressive.

Bowhunters should just stfu and go bow hunt and quit worrying about what others are doing. Most buffoons who trample through the forest with a big gun scare the game away before they ever see it. Nowaday many don't even get out of the F150.

Rifle, crossbow, bow, knife, spear, noose on a stick. Who cares. Just go out and hunt in the manner that suits you and enjoy yourself.

Also a proposal for banning cellular trail cameras.....Among many others.
    WSSBC Life Member
    CCFR

Originally PM'd from stixnstones:
    "wheres your pics of this deer? if he is a good one. i will pay u to tell me where he lives? cash for christmas. let me know. thanks"