Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: BCWF supports BAN on crossbow scopes

Re: BCWF supports BAN on crossbow scopes

They are not really hunter friendly and continually support dissension in the hunting community. If they are for "No scopes on crossbows" they are just another anti hunter organization. PS I do not currently hunt with a crossbow but still want the availability to do so if I wish to in the future. I do know people that do and use scopes to make clean ethical shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Browning 3\d View Post
    why don`t they banscopes on rifles
    That very well could be next!

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    There’s a growing number of resident hunters that do not recognize them as their voice.
    The need to be kicked away from any table that deals with hunting and wildlife regulation making.
    We may as well have the WDL or Raincoast sitting in as our rep.....in fact we’d be better off.
    At least we’d know our opponents are going to screw us over....we have a hard time admitting we’re gonna get it from our own “team”.
    If I am not mistaken BCWF has worked with Raincoast and the ultimate eco-opportunist David Suzuki. When I heard they had been working with them that is when I quit!

How do they still have any members????? Any clubs still involved with them should dump them....

They probably support it because they are now one of the leading factors to the loss of some of our hunting opportunities. 6 is loosing its prime archery moose season because of crossbows. I'm sure it's been said already but technology as a whole is probably the real culprit because my brother had a crossbow 30 years ago but it was junk. Now you can shoot 100 yard tight groups with them. Of course you can with a a compound as well but it takes a tone of practice to accomplish the same. Archery seasons used to be low pressure, low harvest rate that's just not the case anymore. My neighbors group kills a handful of moose every year with crossbows, he's gone 6 years in a row harvesting during the rut season, now that season is on the block.

Quote Originally Posted by TDHunter View Post
    They probably support it because they are now one of the leading factors to the loss of some of our hunting opportunities. 6 is loosing its prime archery moose season because of crossbows. I'm sure it's been said already but technology as a whole is probably the real culprit because my brother had a crossbow 30 years ago but it was junk. Now you can shoot 100 yard tight groups with them. Of course you can with a a compound as well but it takes a tone of practice to accomplish the same. Archery seasons used to be low pressure, low harvest rate that's just not the case anymore. My neighbors group kills a handful of moose every year with crossbows, he's a gone 6 years in a row harvesting during the rut season, now that season is on the block.
    6 is loosing its prime archery moose season because of crossbows. “Because of crossbows? You jest, right? Your neighbor’s group kills a handful of moose every year for the past 6 years, all with crossbows? I’m calling bullshit on this Elmer. Your neighbor must be a guide/outfitter and I’m thinking you must have the guide/outfitters confused with resident hunters. The G/O’s want the archery season gone because it’s competition for them and their clients. The archery season puts resident hunters in the field early, before rifle season and this probably has resulted in a moose or two taken from right under their noses. Say, maybe you’re a guide/outfitter or work for one, what say?
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by TDHunter View Post
    They probably support it because they are now one of the leading factors to the loss of some of our hunting opportunities. 6 is loosing its prime archery moose season because of crossbows. I'm sure it's been said already but technology as a whole is probably the real culprit because my brother had a crossbow 30 years ago but it was junk. Now you can shoot 100 yard tight groups with them. Of course you can with a a compound as well but it takes a tone of practice to accomplish the same. Archery seasons used to be low pressure, low harvest rate that's just not the case anymore. My neighbors group kills a handful of moose every year with crossbows, he's gone 6 years in a row harvesting during the rut season, now that season is on the block.
    Well there ya go.
    The dumbest ****ing post I've ever read.
    So much to say, but I'd better bite my tongue...

I’m all done with the bcwf.
    To bad they poked a sleeping bear.
    I’d think memberships are way down, seeing as they continually seem to shit the bed, the last few years.

TD sounds like a traditional archer that is looking for an easy scapegoat.
    Almost, but not quite willing to throw compound archers under the bus.
    -----

Why is it so hard to get ALL the stakeholders to account for their position?
    I just don't get it....

Good question........
    WSSBC Life Member
    CCFR

Originally PM'd from stixnstones:
    "wheres your pics of this deer? if he is a good one. i will pay u to tell me where he lives? cash for christmas. let me know. thanks"