Quote Originally Posted by TDHunter View Post
They probably support it because they are now one of the leading factors to the loss of some of our hunting opportunities. 6 is loosing its prime archery moose season because of crossbows. I'm sure it's been said already but technology as a whole is probably the real culprit because my brother had a crossbow 30 years ago but it was junk. Now you can shoot 100 yard tight groups with them. Of course you can with a a compound as well but it takes a tone of practice to accomplish the same. Archery seasons used to be low pressure, low harvest rate that's just not the case anymore. My neighbors group kills a handful of moose every year with crossbows, he's gone 6 years in a row harvesting during the rut season, now that season is on the block.
Now there's a pile of horseshit for you!
Even if there is a tiny bit of truth to what you spew, why in the hell should that have ANY bearing on province wide regulations?

And I will take up your challenge regarding crossbow accuracy.
You run my current high end crossbow, and we'll just see how tight of groups you can manage at 100 yards.
Then my partner will show you his capabilities with his compound at the same distance.
Methinks an education will be in short order...

The current SCI stance I posted recently is headed in the right direction.
This misguided fool certainly is NOT.

Nog