Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
... Thing is, XBow is not a "short range weapon" any longer.
The FPS rates make this weapon just as effective as a 30/30 (maybe even better??).
Total horseshit again.
For many it seems basing their perceptions of the effective range of modern crossbows can be verified by the outlandish claims of one manufacturer, who with the employ of a professional shooter, manages to put three in the x ring at 100 yards.

Are all bows capable of that? Certainly not.
Are all shooters capable of that? Certainly not.
Are experienced compound bow shooters capable of the same? Most certainly.

Stop using this as your excuse.
There is extremely little difference between the effective ranges of crossbows and modern compound bows in the right hands.
Period.

As for these CO's, guides, or even fools like TD above suggesting huge increases in harvest levels due to crossbow use: Show me the study, and show me the results thereof. Oh, you can't, because that simply does not exit. So instead, we'll go with the "I think that..." routine to manage hunting restrictions? Huh? And then we will go so far as to make such restrictions province wide based on SUPPOSITION coming from one single region? WTF??

Ludicrous!

I hope I don't have to actually launch a legal challenge to this bullshit, but mark my words if they impose it, I most certainly will...

Ticked,
Nog