Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: BCWF supports BAN on crossbow scopes

Re: BCWF supports BAN on crossbow scopes

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    BMI, i used to read your posts and found some interesting but for christ sakes will you put the brakes on your looooong winded posts they are becoming tiresome

(Anyways, I have way more shit to do in my own life then worry about folks here.)...... do you see how funny this is
    Hmmm. did anyone force you to read it????
    Don't bother if it bothers you that much...imo.

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Then get on with it. Adios!

Shaking the ol' noggin once again...
    Nog
    You know, for too long I have kept my mouth shut.
    You talk about all the "going to find out who did what and who's behind it bs"
    On a lot of things!
    And what, what are you "really" going to do???

You know, this site used to have a lot of posts, with lots of members when I first joined.
    Lots of color for sure, but lots of good stuff.
    But look, now, 98% of the posts are best left in the Open chat or Political Forum, and don't have a place in Mainland hunting.
    I took the time to share hunts this year for members (like or not).
    And help wherever I can.
    But the sad part is, just look at this forum, a BCWF forum, and yet, no one from BCWF comes on here to talk or respond.
    Wonder why? (or hasn't crossed your mind?)
    Those guys (like or not) are long gone and I don't even know if there is a BCWF in any sort of high standing in the Org that still
    partakes on here??

Watched a young guy on here, well spoken, well thought out in words, would listen to both sides of the fence etc, with real
    hunting passion, and all it took was for one thread, one post (Caribou/Wolf/reducing prey like Moose) for him to get bashed.
    And all he did was say that the "science" was that if both were done at the same time, that it was the best policy so far.
    (I didn't agree with it, and think a cull is enough, but I got what he was saying).
    Funny thing is, some scream science unless it doesn't follow their thoughts.
    But boy, did he get hammered and now is gone.
    Lots of folks gone.
    All was great because most didn't see the storm cloud coming in(low #'s, preds etc)
    But then cam the GOABC fiasco, and pretty much was the end of what this site once was.(the GOABC was just the final straw).

And you know what, guys like I just spoke about, who we really need more then ever, aint coming back.
    And actually, it portrays exactly what is happening in the province right now about hunters.
    Most hunters are now just "walking away" (away from BCWF away from any thing).
    They are just going about it on their own, and accept it as it comes now.
    Why bother being a part of a group when the group is nothing but a pack of used up old starving dogs with few days left in them!

And in that, is the biggest shame as to our plight and the future of hunting!
    Keep it up!
    If people don't fit your agenda, don't waste time trying to listen....just bash or make useless/worthless comments with really
    nothing behind it.
    I know I have a few followers that don't like me, like LBM etc.
    But then again, remind me what someone like him has ever shared?

Think about this for second (take some time to really think first!):
    You've got your scope ban and bait ban issues.
    A need for wolf cull that will never happen and also by the same folks that gave you the Gbear ban.(where I signed to oppose)
    You got your Fed Gov telling you these guns are getting banned (yet, I sign the petitions you so often post up).
    You have both those clowns giving the FN everything (which we haven't even begun to see the implications yet, not at all!)
    And then you got all the other crap, like funding and no Co's and this and that and Anti's.

Sounds like some serious shit I just mentioned in that last paragraph!!!
    AND YET, MY INTENT is being put into question????
    Who I am, is up for questioning...are you f'n kidding me?!!
    And yet, with all those other BIG ISSUES, little old me should "move on" then.

Tells me a lot right there!
    That if all you got is to tell someone like me that my "loyalties" are in question, and that I should move on.
    Then it tells me you really have nothing better to do and that the "hunt for who is responsible and heads are going to roll" is
    just a bunch of BS.
    Because, if that was in play, you wouldn't waste time on me.

As for your gun ban...it will happen.
    Why, because the majority of voters in the country want it.
    They don't give 2 shits about "your opinion".
    That is the political/social climate these days.
    Paper aint going to change it!

The scope ban was a bad idea and I already said more CO's is a better solution.
    Not enough Moose, I already said a wolf cull is a great place to start. (not removing a BOS).
    Want your guns!!!????
    Better start getting the majority of folks "interested in shooting" and owning them then trying to write a letter.

Understanding the "real issues" is the only way to find a real solution.
    But then again, easier to just type words and knock folks over whenever it fits.
    Good luck....you and LBM make a good couple and a strong representation for what HBC should be like and what it's all about these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Hmmm. did anyone force you to read it????
    Don't bother if it bothers you that much...imo.
    No I didn't read it after 1 paragraph, i said to myself well this is time wasted i will never get back, but i did see the quote about not wasting time with people on this site and BINGO, another novel was written, you almost make me miss Pembymess, off to the ignore you go with Jelly and Jazzy
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Thumbs down Re: BCWF supports BAN on crossbow scopes

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    ... Why bother being a part of a group when the group is nothing but a pack of used up old starving dogs with few days left in them!
    KeRist!

I call you out on misrepresenting the capabilities of crossbows while suggesting they are more effective than a 30-30, and get a page long diatribe in your "defense" which attempts to point out everything wrong with the world as you see it?

Grow up Lad!

There is no defense for your own words, you know it, and your continued babbling well shows that.

BTW: Have a good hard look at both of our previous post histories.
    I can, by far, tell you who has contributed more to this site in terms of hunting tales and helpful information.

Sheesh!
    Nog

PS: I already do know the who's and what's behind the mess under discussion in this thread.
    As for what I am about to do about it... stay tuned...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    KeRist!

I call you out on misrepresenting the capabilities of crossbows while suggesting they are more effective than a 30-30, and get a page long diatribe in your "defense" which attempts to point out everything wrong with the world as you see it?

Grow up Lad!

There is no defense for your own words, you know it, and your continued babbling well shows that.

BTW: Have a good hard look at both of our previous post histories.
    I can, by far, tell you who has contributed more to this site in terms of hunting tales and helpful information.

Sheesh!
    Nog

PS: I already do know the who's and what's behind the mess under discussion in this thread.
    As for what I am about to do about it... stay tuned...
    Well, either I wrote it wrong or misinterpreted?
    But, an Xbow is what I compared to be "similar to" a 30/30, imo, in what I was trying to post.
    (Sure, a 30/30 can go farther, but I was comparing a Xbow to a Vertical as one would a 30/30 to a 7mm mag)
    Anyways, in capable hands and practice, a compound, an XBow or a rifle can reach out a long way.
    Only saying some folks actually attempt it without really practicing.

Young couple driving around 2 years back I finally stopped and asked what they were looking for?
    He had Moose LEH, (which, to my stupidity I never applied thinking the season opened later and didn't se the fine print that at the
    current time I could have applied and hunted, but with bow)
    Anyways, for 2 days I had come across a really large Bull.
    So, knowing that and what the kid was looking for, I asked him 1 question:
    "How far can you shoot with that Xbow"
    He said "at most 60 yards".
    And with that answer I proceeded to tell him where to exactly go to finds that Bull.
    Had he said 100 yards, I doubt I would have said anything.
    (That's how I look at it).

The one thing I take offence to, is when a conversation leaves the actual topic and some personal comments on the amount of posts, or log winded and even worse, my convictions as to who I am in the hunting/HBC Arena, then you now have a son of a
    bitch to contend with in me.

Anyways, I will move on.
    Don't own an Xbow, so honestly, doesn't really affect me one way or the other, but I still support those that want to use them.
    Same goes for AR's, don't own them, I own bolt action and pump action and only 1 semi .22, which I would hide if need be and
    just deal with it and buy another bolt action 22 or 223 if my heart so desires.
    The beginning of the end of the world mantra, even if it is true and AR's are gone and will result one day in all guns being banned,
    is either just speculation or if it does happen, will be long after I die by then, so again, doesn't affect me, but hey, I still support
    those that want them.

I support a lot of things to try and help protect the rights of other on here, ATV use, Baiting and other, and all of them I either
    don't own or don't do.
    I just as well could be one of those that only cares about myself and what I do.
    In that case, I could then not bother signing petitions, or answering to proposal and just carry on and let the rest of you who want those rights just go a "suck it".
    But I am not like that, and damn rights if I take offence to anyone who says anything else about me.
    (Especially if it is on the net....then I suggest come and see me personally....I will give them my address!)

My intention was to stay off HBC a little more, and was doing fine, but repairing a PC and loading programs is like watching paint
    dry so I drop in to see whats up!?

And not to my surprise, one member is getting bashed for giving reports on his adventures on a snow mobile and the deer he is
    seeing, so I felt the need to step in.
    And also, if my posts are too long, then don't read them.
    I guarantee all HBC members I am not holding gun to some folk heads who have commented on that point and forcing them to
    read it.

Do what I do, either just move on when I see a long read, or read a few lines and see if I am interested, or at anytime in the read
    you get bored, then just stop!
    I do that often, one way or other, but I sure don't follow up with a post complaining to a member for doing that!
    (Again, just shaking my head as to why some feel the need to poke etc???)

And Piper, I saw your post about my B/P.
    And I agree, I wanted to spend less time here (which I will so you all can be happy).
    But, FYI, it's 124/71.

So, I am good, but thanks for your concern

IBTL.............. FFS people, the bottom line here is someone, Blame the BCWF, The Traditional Bowhunters, The Guides or The Government. Who gives a damn if a 30-30 compared to a 7mm RM is equivilant to a Crossbow vs a Compound it doesn't matter one bit. An established and legal hunting opportunity is under attack and that should be a concern to everyone. It's a slippery slope and we should all be against loosing any legal hunter opportunities, your chosen style could be next. Why does it have to be like herding cats???
    Last edited by Foxton Gundogs; 01-28-2020 at 01:32 PM.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    It's a slippery slope and we should all be against loosing any legal hunter opportunities, your chosen style could be next. Why does it have to be like herding cats???
    Bang on Foxton

So....?
    2 3/4” = traditional....

3” = compound bow....

3 1/2” = crossbow....

This is fun !
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Originally Posted by Bugle M In

But, an Xbow is what I compared to be "similar to" a 30/30, imo, in what I was trying to post.
    (Sure, a 30/30 can go farther, but I was comparing a Xbow to a Vertical as one would a 30/30 to a 7mm mag

And here is the problem, YOU make statements like this!
    This shows those of us that DO have the knowledge about Compound Bows and Crossbows, that YOU no nothing about the subject you claim to know about. Again, you do all hunters a disservice when you make statements like this.
    What you fail to understand, is that modern Compound Bows and modern Crossbows have the SAME effective hunting range. This includes the Ravin, speaking from first hand knowledge.

To single out crossbows because of the effective range over Compound bows is wrong.
    Last edited by btridge; 01-28-2020 at 06:43 PM.

Death by a Thousand Cuts
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......