Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: BCWF supports BAN on crossbow scopes

Thumbs down Re: BCWF supports BAN on crossbow scopes

Quote Originally Posted by TDHunter View Post
    They probably support it because they are now one of the leading factors to the loss of some of our hunting opportunities. 6 is loosing its prime archery moose season because of crossbows. I'm sure it's been said already but technology as a whole is probably the real culprit because my brother had a crossbow 30 years ago but it was junk. Now you can shoot 100 yard tight groups with them. Of course you can with a a compound as well but it takes a tone of practice to accomplish the same. Archery seasons used to be low pressure, low harvest rate that's just not the case anymore. My neighbors group kills a handful of moose every year with crossbows, he's gone 6 years in a row harvesting during the rut season, now that season is on the block.
    Now there's a pile of horseshit for you!
    Even if there is a tiny bit of truth to what you spew, why in the hell should that have ANY bearing on province wide regulations?

And I will take up your challenge regarding crossbow accuracy.
    You run my current high end crossbow, and we'll just see how tight of groups you can manage at 100 yards.
    Then my partner will show you his capabilities with his compound at the same distance.
    Methinks an education will be in short order...

The current SCI stance I posted recently is headed in the right direction.
    This misguided fool certainly is NOT.

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: BCWF supports BAN on crossbow scopes

You have to excuse TD Hunter guys. He has only posted 12 times since joining in 2011.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Now there's a pile of horseshit for you!
    Even if there is a tiny bit of truth to what you spew, why in the hell should that have ANY bearing on province wide regulations?

And I will take up your challenge regarding crossbow accuracy.
    You run my current high end crossbow, and we'll just see how tight of groups you can manage at 100 yards.
    Then my partner will show you his capabilities with his compound at the same distance.
    Methinks an education will be in short order...

The current SCI stance I posted recently is headed in the right direction.
    This misguided fool certainly is NOT.

Nog
    So.... can buy a ticket for this or what ?
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Lol .....people can't really be this dumb can they? Ill play One more time for a chuckle, first I hunt with trad gear and an Excalibur Matrix 380 . My kids can drive bolts into a a cantaloupe at 60 yards using a rest with my 380, so they are very accurate. Someone wants to suggest a compound bow can do the same .....sure someone who practices can, and I could when I shot compound. But I guarantee you if you put two rifle hunters who have never done any kind of archery together and one shoots a high-end crossbow and the other shoots a compound bow for the first time I'll put all my money on the crossbow every time.

I'm not against crossbows, I love mine. But if you think that hundreds or thousands of rifle hunters buying crossbows so they can extend their season won't have a dramatic increase to the harvest rate of moose you would be a moron. it's not algebra it's addition 1+1

When chatting with the local COs and asking about losing our archery moose season , they said and I quote "too many crossbows " they also commented that the Moose harvest in region six during that particular moose season was taking the total harvest of moose for that year . Now maybe they should just said too much pressure equalling too much harvest .

And to the dipship who commented maybe I'm a guide, well.....your a a dipshit. I hope BC will go the way of SK and have a lot of our big game species go resident only.

Enjoy

^^^^ I think the CO should be more concerned with wolves than crossbows,
    the success rate is incomparable.

So what if you use a scoped crossbow to kill wolves. IDK
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Lol .....people can't really be this dumb can they? Ill play One more time for a chuckle, first I hunt with trad gear and an Excalibur Matrix 380 . My kids can drive bolts into a a cantaloupe at 60 yards using a rest with my 380, so they are very accurate. Someone wants to suggest a compound bow can do the same .....sure someone who practices can, and I could when I shot compound. But I guarantee you if you put two rifle hunters who have never done any kind of archery together and one shoots a high-end crossbow and the other shoots a compound bow for the first time I'll put all my money on the crossbow every time.

I'm not against crossbows, I love mine. But if you think that hundreds or thousands of rifle hunters buying crossbows so they can extend their season won't have a dramatic increase to the harvest rate of moose you would be a moron. it's not algebra it's addition 1+1

When chatting with the local COs and asking about losing our archery moose season , they said and I quote "too many crossbows " they also commented that the Moose harvest in region six during that particular moose season was taking the total harvest of moose for that year . Now maybe they should just said too much pressure equalling too much harvest .

And to the dipship who commented maybe I'm a guide, well.....your a a dipshit. I hope BC will go the way of SK and have a lot of our big game species go resident only.

Enjoy
    "But if you think that hundreds or thousands of rifle hunters buying crossbows so they can extend their season won't have a dramatic increase to the harvest rate of moose you would be a moron. it's not algebra it's addition 1+1 "
    Now that's a moronic statement. And then how about this one?
    "My neighbors group kills a handful of moose every year with crossbows, he's a gone 6 years in a row harvesting during the rut season, now that season is on the block."
    So what you are saying here is that your neighbor is a better hunter with a crossbow than you are with trad, crossbow or rifle.
    If you believe thousands of rifle hunters are going to whimsically go out and buy a crossbow, "
    you would be a moron "
    Lets look at the bow only season
    for moose starting with Region 6
    Bow Only Season
    6-1 to 6-11, 6-15, 6-30 Bulls Sept 1 - Sept 9 (9 days)
    6-1 to 6-11, 6-15, 6-30 Bulls Oct 1 - Oct 8 (8 days)
    6-1 to 6-11, 6-15, 6-30 Bulls Nov 16 - Nov 20 (5 days)
    TOTAL (22 DAYS)
    And let's not forget 450 LEH Authorizations for WMU 6-09 out of the 777 moose authorization for the entire region.

Region 7A Bow only season.
    7-2 to 7-15 Spike-fork Bulls Sept 1 - Sept 9 (9 days)
    TOTAL (9 DAYS)
    Region 5 Bow only season
    Region 5 does not have a GOS for moose let alone a Bow only season!

Region 8 Bow only season
    Region 8 has a 15 day GOS for moose but no Bow only season

Region 3 Bow only season
    Region 3 does have a variable GOS for spike fork horn but does not have a Bow season.

Region 4 Bow only season
    4-7 to 4-9, 4-14 to 4-18, 4-27 to 4-33, 4-36 to 4-40 Spike-fork Bulls Sept 1 - Sept 19 (19 days)
    4-1 to 4-6, 4-19 to 4-26, 4-34, 4-35 Spike-fork Bulls Sept 1 - Oct 14 (the total number of days in these zones are inclusive with the above zones and are not added opportunities)
    TOTAL (19 days)

It would be a moron not to recognize that Region 6 has a very liberal bow only season for moose and it would be a moron who would suggest or endorse any change to current conditions.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

TDHunter said, "When chatting with the local COs and asking about losing our archery moose season , they said and I quote "too many crossbows"..."

I call BS. If what you say is true, who was the CO or CO's that said this?
    I'd like to make a couple phone calls.

Enjoy

Ok, lets follow your direction.

Let's say the proposed solution to reducing harvest is to not use season lengths etc., but to eliminate certain technology.
    That's fine.

Let's suppose that despite the elimination of scoped crossbows, the conservation concern continues.
    What now? Eliminate compound bows?
    And if that doesn't work?

In Alberta, we do not allow crossbows in the Archery season except for hard to qualify for Handicapped permits.
    There was a perceived overharvest of Mule deer in the archery general season.
    The Alberta Bowhunting Association President made a similar statement that there were "too many Bowhunters".
    He supported going to draw (LEH) season as a solution to eliminating less serious bowhunters....

Rifle hunters using crossbows.... You hope BC eliminates NR hunters....

It's hard to view your posts as just being selfish....

Things and technology change, lets be honest there.
    When Bow season started, it was considered a "short range" weapon.
    (Note: short range).
    And giving an earlier start to those folks makes sense, although yes, once they have traipsed in the woods for a week bugling/calling etc, the jig is up and the game knows hunting season is on, which then makes GOS season a little harder when I it starts, but that's not a bad thing (remember, we are hunting, not out killing).
    (besides the point, but some argue that so worth mentioning).

And the "give 2 rifle hunters a bow or Xbow", and which will they shoot better, I agree, Xbow hands down! (that's the truth).
    Thing is, XBow is not a "short range weapon" any longer.
    The FPS rates make this weapon just as effective as a 30/30 (maybe even better??).
    So, that's were the "grey/gray area" is, in regards to their use on Bow only.
    (Only have to look at Alberta to see how they look at it, and that's another fair point, imo)
    Disability, good to go (that is allowed in Alberta, but I think some folks take their disability to the umpteenth degree to say why
    they need a disability permit...seen it here in BC on other matters)

Lots of hunters have XBows now, that never owned vertical bows not ever would have gone vertical bow if Xbows weren't allowed in BOS.
    IS it to "extend their season"????
    I don't know, I suppose that is just a "spin-off".
    I think most get them to hunt in a "timeframe" that they feel gives them a better chance to harvest their quarry.
    Also, quite often the "restriction on antler size" is lower as well, which helps increase the chances of success.
    So, less antler restriction and using a "Medium Range Weapon" are the 2 big factors.
    (I know it is something I contemplate every August before the season begins, but haven't done so as of yet.)

So, are there more hunters out there during BOS due to XBow….for sure, imo.
    Is there some increased success due to more hunters, yes, if the game is around, and is there more success given the
    extended range....more than likely, imo.

2 points not brought up, not often enough:
    For the CO's, the nightmare is more about game being poached "inside city/town limits".
    Yes, a vertical bow is equivalent, but agin, extended range and the fact that there are many folks with XBows adds to this issue.
    So, we have to understand the CO's perspective on that.

The other point is, some GO's do not like having hunters in their territory before they are in there with their clients.
    (Lets face it, some GO's are great, but we also have another camp who hate anybody but themselves hunting and that will never
    change.
    Hunting alone can bring on a "competitive nature" for some, and throw in money....well, enough said).

And sure, there are some die-hard traditionalists in the Bow World who hate XBows in their BOS season.
    (But, when it comes to this Ban, they didn't play a role in it, even if they feel it will benefit them)