Thread: Ski Archery

Ski Archery

I'm sure most everyone has heard of Biathlon, but this is a new one on me! Apparently a recognized sport since 1991 after being resurrected in Italy in the 1980s. Archery on skis said to have it's origin in Norway 1500s.

https://youtu.be/8YJUWrWezBE

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Ski Archery

Google Ullr. It's been around a lot longer than that.
    "Gun control"...... is hitting what you aim at!!!!

The use of skiis during archery season is now forbidden. It gives the hunter the unfair advantage of being able to travel further distances on the snow than a hunter just wearing boots.

Looks like fun . Cross country skiing and shooting , would try . All hail Ullr

That is amazing. I always wanted to ski tour hunt mountain goats. I never thought about bringing the bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Readacus View Post
    That is amazing. I always wanted to ski tour hunt mountain goats. I never thought about bringing the bow.
    On a backcountry ski trip in February with Boulder Hut Adventures in the southeast of the province, we glimpsed a group of goats on a ridge a long way off. I often end up well into the snow during some of my hunts in the Monashees mid to late November. Usually throw my skis, boots & skins in the truck. On one occasion I had a nice tour up a cutblock above Mabel Lake.... I reckon the deer had long since departed for lower ground, I found no tracks other than rabbit... This was with rifle, before I got a bow.