Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: B.C First Nations Ban Caribou Hunting As Populations Dwindle

Re: B.C First Nations Ban Caribou Hunting As Populations Dwindle

Quote Originally Posted by SemperAurum View Post
    You are entitled to your viewpoint and comments. I do not take offence to your comments.

I know two things for certain: If you ever met me you would like me, and more importantly, you would be very, very, very inclined to be polite and respectful.
    Hey, I’m frustrated with the current status quo and have no reason to be petty. Sorry for the wisecrack! About my inclinations, you might be surprised. But liking someone goes a long ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Muledeercrazy2 View Post
    Hey, I’m frustrated with the current status quo and have no reason to be petty. Sorry for the wisecrack! About my inclinations, you might be surprised. But liking someone goes a long ways.
    I am also frustrated. But reality is that animals have disappeared from areas that natives dont hunt such as Muskwa/Tuchodi/Gathto. Only whitey, wolves, and gbears hunts up there.

No industry, no logging, no road access, no atv/utv

Massive gbear and wolf numbers
    Last edited by SemperAurum; 12-15-2019 at 05:29 PM.

I am at the crossroads of deciding to quit hunting and sell all my crap. Follow some other enjoyable trails in life.

Hunting has cost a fortune in time and money and I am not happy about what I see and dont see out there anymore.

I am also frustrated. But reality is that animals have disappeared from areas that natives dont hunt such as Muskwa/Tuchodi/Gathto. Only whitey, wolves, and gbears hunts up there.

No industry, no logging, no road access, no atv/utv

Massive gbear and wolf numbers
    Agreed- i think in most cases the FN in BC don’t harvest a substantial amount of animals and don’t have any more negative impact than any other, in the big picture. That said, i see (or did) a lot of Moose shot around Alex Creek by FN when there was concern about a small number of resident hunter leh draws. Obviously not the reason for the decline, but it didn’t help and I don’t think very much of Mr. Alphonse.

Quote Originally Posted by Muledeercrazy2 View Post
    Agreed- i think in most cases the FN in BC don’t harvest a substantial amount of animals and don’t have any more negative impact than any other, in the big picture. That said, i see (or did) a lot of Moose shot around Alex Creek by FN when there was concern about a small number of resident hunter leh draws. Obviously not the reason for the decline, but it didn’t help and I don’t think very much of Mr. Alphonse.
    Quite a few years ago I saw Joe at the BP in Willys Puddle. He was dressd up like a cross between a totem pole and a clown and struttng around like a peacock rooster. I had the strongst urge to walk up and kick him in the tail feathers.

I resisted, outof respect for Srupp, in case he was the paramedic dispatched to treat him.
    Last edited by SemperAurum; 12-15-2019 at 06:03 PM.

Quite a few years ago I saw Joe at the BP in Willys Puddle. He was dressd up like a cross between a totem pole and a clown and struttng around like a peacock rooster. I had the strongst urge to walk up and kick him in the tail feathers.

I resisted, outof respect for Srupp, in case he was the paramedic dispatched to treat him.
    i had the misfortune of meeting him at a business related event and would have been happy to do it, no regard for Stephen! Lol, hopefully he would understand.

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    gcreek can fill you in more but I believe the UFN had a private biologist working for them on this issue along with a trapper in efforts to slow up the wolves.
    Trapping wolves on a large landscape to recover wildlife is like pissing in the wind.
    There is a proposed helicopter shoot in the works for this winter.
    You guys better hope the Feds “partners” Raincoast don’t put the brakes on it.
    Good to hear, let's hope Raincoast doesn't do that.....

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    Don’t get your shorts in a wad...old friend.
    I wish I had FN support to remove predators eating my livestock.
    What, TS not culling the wolves in your back 40?
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    What, TS not culling the wolves in your back 40?
    Nope.... there’s a story to that attempted performance.

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    You may remember I had a hand in convincing my friend Joe to step up to the plate concerning predators...… I was also invited to attend the first moose recovery meeting. I was one of three out of about 70 attendees that wasn't paid to be there. That beside the point, I was very encouraged by the whole proceeding until a lawyer stood up and began to spout her bullshyte. All I could envision was a block of wood with a wedge being driven deeper with every word. I did stop her mid sentence and let her know why I was there.... to help my neighbors help me and not to line lawyers pockets with more ammunition. I told Joe at the meetings end that I likely wouldn't be attending another and he knew why and was sympathetic to my opinion.
    The left leaning media is really promoting the Indian movement today. Do I blame my neighbors? Not really, but I won't be swept quietly under the carpet while lawyers and judges give MY LAND away to someone because of their race. There have been many comments in this thread and others that are or border on being racist, if govt. and courts stay their course they are only going to get worse. People are starting to get their eyes opened as to what is going on in this country.

Concerning UNDRIP, I was told the other day by an MLA that it means absolutely nothing but can be used by lawyers wanting to impress the lefty courts that it has been passed in BC. The Canadian Constitution as yet has no place for any UNDRIP agreement in OUR country.
    Gcreek, you are a stand up guy, a realist who knows where we are going without any bullshit, I hope it works out for you.

Glad someone pumps the brakes on Caribou hunting, someone should of done that during the decline of the Buffalo.

That said, its a multifaceted issue and for some this is the real issue....its the Fox taking charge of the henhouse and the first big step toward the future governing of wildlife in the province by the Fox. Is the Province that incompetent that they couldn't do it? or is it they wouldn't do it?...big difference.

The entire Caribou issue in this Province is so phoney, its really beyond anything I can think of in recent memory, a political tool to use and they have been found out. To make FN the savior for wildlife in this Province leaves me with a feeling of despair for my country and those who govern it, from the top down, but I preach to the choir.

The Royal Proclamation, the Constitution, section 35, etc....was to be for.....the King of England, France, Canada, beetnick hippie, could not legally take a Native person's hunting away from them and their Community collective. The courts have taken it sideways with an interpretation thats go's way beyond what the original framers of this treaty, or other treaties had in mind, opening the door to self government.
    It could be self Government if it only involves themselves, but it doesn't, it involves lording over YOU, and YOU are going to pay for it.
    Then we have foreign influence, UNDRIP.....there is going to be big trouble for all with this.

Some of you speak of Racism, wtf do you know about racism? I have seen racism that would make any mass murderer wince coming from my Indian cousins toward their Native brethren of a neighboring band, or another band from a thousand miles away, even though they have never met them.
    I have seen racism coming from them that had the seeds planted 150 years ago, and yet they still hold a grudge against the other rival Nation...even though they have never met any of them. I have never seen racism like I have seen coming from some of the Native people of this Province.
    Its troubling to lay anything at the feet of this site involving deemed "racist" comments, don't confuse "truth" and "racism"

We were taught to counter racism with your actions within your Community, your reputation is all you have, this is how you will be viewed, and if you don't understand this then stfu.