Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: B.C First Nations Ban Caribou Hunting As Populations Dwindle

Re: B.C First Nations Ban Caribou Hunting As Populations Dwindle

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    gcreek - are you saying Indians are only road hunters RJ
    That and snow machines and quads. Most of the prefer moose to caribou.

Quote Originally Posted by Downtown View Post
    Until proven otherwise, I take Chief Joe Alphonse words at face value and say what he is doing is the right thing. Obviously he has the Balls so many of our elected Politicians are lacking when it comes to stand up against the DoGodders and use common Sense.

Cheers
    If you had read the whole article you would know that the Province put a ban on hunting the Itcha herd last winter. Joe and Co are now trying to get in front of the parade in expectation of a few dollars going their way. My opinion.

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    If you had read the whole article you would know that the Province put a ban on hunting the Itcha herd last winter. Joe and Co are now trying to get in front of the parade in expectation of a few dollars going their way. My opinion.
    Frankly I am tired of all this Bickering Whites versus Natives. All I care fore is that the ungulates of BC (and I write deliberately not our "Ungulates") have a decent chance to recover. When Chief Alphonse Decree includes no hunting by Natives and approving shooting Wolves from Helicopter that to me is as good as it can get.

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Frankly I am tired of all this Bickering Whites versus Natives. All I care fore is that the ungulates of BC (and I write deliberately not our "Ungulates") have a decent chance to recover. When Chief Alphonse Decree includes no hunting by Natives and approving shooting Wolves from Helicopter that to me is as good as it can get.

Cheers
    Problem is that you are not in the equation when it comes to input or being able to hunt when the population has recovered.
    Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets...

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    There was never a trap set, too much study money would have disappeared if their subjects started dying.
    So.....no trapping was done that had ties to the Itcha mountain caribou?

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    So.....no trapping was done that had ties to the Itcha mountain caribou?
    There was lots of talk but never any money to do it. Been a few years now but there may have been a day or two of trapper training and a set for them to watch. Regardless, there was never a regimented wolf trapping plan started or carried out.

I do remember a helicopter flight where our friend was taken along and had the suggestion of camping out and killing wolves put to him for peanuts.
    Last edited by gcreek; 12-15-2019 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SemperAurum View Post
    I live in an area with many indian reserves and native people. I have never, ever had any native hunter or native person ever cause any troubles or concerns. They have all been polite, helpful, and a pleasure to have met. Many have shown me their best spots and offered any help that I required.

It gets really saddenng to hear all of "you people" disparage Indians like you do on this forum. Some of you are outright racist douchebags.

The government and many, many, many special interest groups are using the natives as a tool to drive a wedge in our society and to assist with their agendas. This is the root of the FN issues that we face today in this pathetic country.
    I have the same experiences as you,hit the nail on the head

Until proven otherwise, I take Chief Joe Alphonse words at face value and say what he is doing is the right thing. Obviously he has the Balls so many of our elected Politicians are lacking when it comes to stand up against the DoGodders and use common Sense.

Cheers
    Well grab yourself a big ass coffee, or later in the day a case of beer and look into Chief Joe. Lets see for starters, he has stated that he wants the moose hunt shut down,all leh stopped and also stated he would ask his members to refrain from shooting cow moose[ quote but i have many members who are poachers unquote]. Well if you are chief and respected, your members should listen to you, or make rules, if you break them off the reserve you go, maybe lose status.
    After the start of the land claim settlement (and awarded a bigger chunk than asked for if i'm not mistaken), he would not allow resident hunters to go through their territory to legally hunt an leh draw in another area that is not theirs, even when they have no right too, does that sound like a stand up guy.
    Soon he will probably own Gcreeks Ranch and if he is nice invite him back for dinner when he moves in, probably serve some nice caribou and moose too. There is so much more, pm Gcreek as they are buddies maybe he can tell you some more maybe not as he still says Joe is a dear friend .
    In closing, have you seen the cow moose signs posted through his area, reason they are there is because of his nation slaughtering the cows in the wintering grounds, and he wonders where the moose are!!
    Not being racist just putting two and two together.
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    Well grab yourself a big ass coffee, or later in the day a case of beer and look into Chief Joe. Lets see for starters, he has stated that he wants the moose hunt shut down,all leh stopped and also stated he would ask his members to refrain from shooting cow moose[ quote but i have many members who are poachers unquote]. Well if you are chief and respected, your members should listen to you, or make rules, if you break them off the reserve you go, maybe lose status.
    After the start of the land claim settlement (and awarded a bigger chunk than asked for if i'm not mistaken), he would not allow resident hunters to go through their territory to legally hunt an leh draw in another area that is not theirs, even when they have no right too, does that sound like a stand up guy.
    Soon he will probably own Gcreeks Ranch and if he is nice invite him back for dinner when he moves in, probably serve some nice caribou and moose too. There is so much more, pm Gcreek as they are buddies maybe he can tell you some more maybe not as he still says Joe is a dear friend .
    In closing, have you seen the cow moose signs posted through his area, reason they are there is because of his nation slaughtering the cows in the wintering grounds, and he wonders where the moose are!!
    Not being racist just putting two and two together.
    SemperArum will soon be on here to tell you that you are racist

But yes, that chief has "got to go".
    There is a lot of BS that guy has said or "privately communicated" that tells you exactly what his agenda is.
    Should have a "Hunting Parade" to show up and drive thru the territory

No wonder wildlife in this province has crashed when you read thru the opinionated, critical and racist comments on this thread.... most of them coming from members/supporters of the conservation group that is supposed to be resident hunters rep.
    Like rats after scraps.
    These caribou are done unless the predator management proposed for this winter takes place.
    A few years ago the Itcha-Ilgachuz herd was appr. 2500 +/-
    The last count was 385...and probably half of them are left.
    The wolf count number that came out of a bureaucrats mouth yesterday was 430.
    You guys that are good at counting fingers can do the math on how much meat they eat.
    A 2 year shoot is planned over an area that extends 25 km outside the herd range of the Itcha-Ilgachuz, Charlotte Applands and Tweedsmuir caribou herds.
    Bureacrats are trying to feed out the shit on primary prey reductions as well....that means kill the moose that are left in this region.
    They’ve been told that is not an option...the caribou are the primary prey....deal with the problem.
    Bears are also being looked at as is a wild horse population that is nothing more than more meat to grow larger numbers of predators.
    If primary prey needs to go the feral horses should be first in line.
    Government has been told there is no excuse for the type wildlife management that caused these caribou herds to decline and that viable herds in other regions of BC need herd plans and predator management programs so we don’t see repeats of this fiasco.
    Only a fool would not back Joe Alphonse and Lynda Price at this stage of the game,,,,they are the only ones that are going to appease the public’s appetite that a wolf cull is the way to go in the Chilcotin.
    The UNDRIP lever will be getting pulled for wildlife management.
    Who knows...gcreeks ranch might even become more viable if wolves, bears and wild horses get thinner out.
    Or Joes ranch......