Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: B.C First Nations Ban Caribou Hunting As Populations Dwindle

Re: B.C First Nations Ban Caribou Hunting As Populations Dwindle

[QUOTE=dougan;2138288]I don’t recognize native laws.[/QUOTE

me neither

Well, if the FN claim that wolves need to be culled by Heli, that is going to get interesting for sure.
    Because that flies right in the face of George Heyman and his Anti compadres!!

So, this could be really interesting and for once, there might actually be a benefit folks!!
    Heyman either has to go the way of the FN or the other way with Anti's.
    Either way, he gets the short end of the stick.....F'n Finally!!!!!

And if the cull goes thru, then other areas in BC have the right to be managed the same way!!( I hope???)
    If not, Heyman looks like he has abandoned FN concerns, and we know that isn't a politically good move either.

As for the FN having the clout to push for closures and culls, I understand HBC members push back, and yes, its a damn shame that one
    group out ways anybody else.
    Just form the replies to this thread, it demonstrates the furthering of the divide.
    Which is going to come down the pipe as a different type of Reconciliation then what the FN are expecting/have accepted.

And yes, most FN hunt by the road, and that why we need more roads "TORN UP", not just a "sign", as they don't acknowledge sign closures.
    A road not able to be traveled, is a road the FN cant hunt on 24/7 3651/4!!!
    Then it is "FAIRPLAY" for everyone who wants to work for it a bit.

Anyways, not all of this is bad folks!!!!!
    This puts the biggest prick of the NDP on the HOTSEAT......George Heyman!

I am not sure if you folks realize where this herd lives. It is a very long walk from Anihm Lake. Locals that I know used horses to hunt them. I also heard rumours that others have used a helicopter. Not sure about snowmobile use.

Perhaps srupp knows about this herd. I hope he chimes in here.

I wonder if the caribou at Quesnel Lake are all dead and gone. Last time I was in there grizzly hunting we only saw a handfull. It was a long, nasty walk to get to where they were.

I personally have no interest in ever hunting a caribou. To me, they are one thing and one thing only: predator food. My native friend from Anihim has never cared to eat them. He gets his food at WalMart.
    Last edited by SemperAurum; 12-14-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Curious as to how this is going to play out.

Quote Originally Posted by SemperAurum View Post
    I am not sure if you folks realize where this herd lives. It is a very long walk from Anihm Lake. Locals that I know used horses to hunt them. I also heard rumours that others have used a helicopter. Not sure about snowmobile use.

Perhaps srupp knows about this herd. I hope he chimes in here.

I personally have no interest in ever hunting a caribou. To me, they are one thing and one thing only: predator food. My native friend from Anihim has never cared to eat them. He gets his food at WalMart.
    The stopped allowing snow mobiles in that area years ago as it was proven that the wolves were running on the sled trails to get to the wintering herd and do major damage to the caribou.
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

I don't know why the BC Government can't talk to the feds about getting the military involved and call out some helicopter gunships for a "training exercise". Probably knock the wolf population down a peg raining down 20mm shells from a gattling cannon.

As for the FN. It's all about the "spin", when they say "most" of their members comply with the hunting ban/closure what they really mean is only a few members do all the hunting for the whole band.

As for the FN. It's all about the "spin", when they say "most" of their members comply with the hunting ban/closure what they really mean is only a few members do all the hunting for the whole band.

Yup Day and Night !
    But only for Subsistence you Know ! So its All Ok ! No ones Starving ! RJ
    Last edited by REMINGTON JIM; 12-14-2019 at 09:30 PM.

I live in an area with many indian reserves and native people. I have never, ever had any native hunter or native person ever cause any troubles or concerns. They have all been polite, helpful, and a pleasure to have met. Many have shown me their best spots and offered any help that I required.

It gets really saddenng to hear all of "you people" disparage Indians like you do on this forum. Some of you are outright racist douchebags.

The government and many, many, many special interest groups are using the natives as a tool to drive a wedge in our society and to assist with their agendas. This is the root of the FN issues that we face today in this pathetic country.

Victoia BC when not at work, otherwise up North

Until proven otherwise, I take Chief Joe Alphonse words at face value and say what he is doing is the right thing. Obviously he has the Balls so many of our elected Politicians are lacking when it comes to stand up against the DoGodders and use common Sense.

Cheers

* When the People fear the Government there is Tyranny, when the Government fears the people there is liberty.
    * Studies have shown, Vegetarians are poor providers !
    * We are told this is the Information age. Seems to me more like the missinfomation age !
    * Most always the soft spoken ones are the most deceiving and Dangerous !
    * The Law is no substitute for Morality !

Be safe and happy Trails !

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    gcreek can fill you in more but I believe the UFN had a private biologist working for them on this issue along with a trapper in efforts to slow up the wolves.
    Trapping wolves on a large landscape to recover wildlife is like pissing in the wind.
    There is a proposed helicopter shoot in the works for this winter.
    You guys better hope the Feds “partners” Raincoast don’t put the brakes on it.
    There was never a trap set, too much study money would have disappeared if their subjects started dying.