Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: BC Outdoors promoting anti hunting organization

Re: BC Outdoors promoting anti hunting organization

Then watch what happens to game #'s,
    What's next are they going to ban weeding your garden?

Quote Originally Posted by bcmulie View Post

As hunters, we need to stick together or we will lose our way of life. I urge all of you to continue supporting both the BCWF and BC Outdoors magazine.

Alan Dabb
    Director, BCWF
    A hypocritical request considering BCWF threw Creston Valley Rod & Gun Club under the bus during last years predator tournament. In terms of starting debate and rallying BC hunters, CVRG did more in two months this year than BCWF has done in 10 years.

You can 'urge' all you want, Alan, but when the people that put money in your accounts think you are working against their interests then there is a growing financial threat. Once hunters wake up and realise that 50%+ of their rod and gun club fees goes to BCWF (for affiliated clubs) and that all they have to do to change that is put an affiliation vote on the table at their AGM that is supported by those few members in attendance, the BCWF accounts will start getting hit. It doesn't matter what reality we live in, to succeed, we must deal with perception.
    Life often delivers what you need but rarely what you want.

It doesn't matter where you come from, it only matters where you go
    No-one gets remembered for the things they didn't do. ~ Frank Turner

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Well best of luck in Alberta the BHA came in and pissed off a bunch of hunters and did piss all but create access restrictions

If the BHA takes the same path in BC they are just going to create more division
    I've been preaching this since I first heard them getting pushed up here. They're not pro hunting, they're pro-walking.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Sorry if this is a little off track, but reading some of the posts I thought I would put this forth.
    I agree, we have a few groups in BC, some old like BCWF and some new like BHA.
    And yes, there seems to be issues that continue to divide hunters rather then unite them for one great cause and to stick together.

There is a new group on FB, called Hunters for BC.
    If you want, check it out and make your own decisions, but I just thought I would present it as an alternative.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/796358684144407/

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Sorry if this is a little off track, but reading some of the posts I thought I would put this forth.
    I agree, we have a few groups in BC, some old like BCWF and some new like BHA.
    And yes, there seems to be issues that continue to divide hunters rather then unite them for one great cause and to stick together.

There is a new group on FB, called Hunters for BC.
    If you want, check it out and make your own decisions, but I just thought I would present it as an alternative.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/796358684144407/
    WOW! 957 members. Times that by three and it would probably equal the BCWF membership.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    WOW! 957 members. Times that by three and it would probably equal the BCWF membership.
    Don’t know anything about this group but even if it’s only 957 members they have to start somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    It's new.
    Its trying to get legs.
    Have to crawl before it can walk and hopefully run.

Is it going to be the right solution down the road...I hope so.
    Or it could be another group with issues that create the same as we already see in the BCWF, just more rifts between hunters.

I don't know?
    I am just putting it out there, and inform folks on HBC to check it out!
    You folks can decide?
    Not for me to make those decisions.
    I am merely the "messenger"!