Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BC Outdoors promoting anti hunting organization

Re: BC Outdoors promoting anti hunting organization

Really hate to see BCWF still front row and center in BC Outdoors magazine .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

It’s the edition with the wolf on the cover. The cover story is about a named wolf on discovery island and finishes with a reference for more info go to WDLs website. It’s utterly incomprehensible to see the tactics used by the antis in a hunting magazine.

The conspiracy theorist in me says the article’s goal is to advertise the fact that there’s a lone wolf on an uninhabited island to a bunch of hunters via the magazine so that one of us goes and kills it which they in turn will use to generate more propaganda.

Disappointing, as I usually buy the magazine with their hunting forecast issues before the fall season starts....ill have to ask them wtf....

BC Outdoors, magazine of the BCWF you all know, the Conservation(not hunters) organization that partnered with Rain Coast on the Heart Of The Fraser. Time to start paying the Piper. Why does this surprise anyone?

Seriously, it is time for each and every member of this site to call and write, and tell them we are "Mad as hell and we are not going to take it any more". Also hit the advertisers and let them know we the Hunters of BC will not support business that suport anti hunting. This is one of the most blatant attacks and betrayal of the hunting community yet.

201A-7261 River Place
    Mission, BC V4S 0A2
    Phone: 604-820-3400
    Fax: 604-820-3477

802-1166 Alberni Street
    Vancouver, BC V6E 3Z3
    info@outdoorgroupmedia.com

1-800-663-7611
    service@outdoorgroupmedia.com

Mike Mitchell
    Associate Publisher & Editor
    BCO Sportfishing TV Host
    mmitchell@outdoorgroupmedia.com

Michaela Ludwig
    Assistant Editor
    editorial@outdoorgroupmedia.com

Iva Zima
    Art Director
    production@outdoorgroupmedia.com

Mark Yelic
    Publisher & President
    myelic@outdoorgroupmedia.com

Accounting Inquiries & Invoicing
    awilliams@opmediagroup.ca

Christine Ly
    Digital & Web Coordinator
    Please email any web related queries and issues to cly@opmediagroup.ca
    Last edited by Foxton Gundogs; 12-13-2019 at 09:10 PM.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Just saw this on the ferry, just about fell over. Lol wtaf.��*♂️
    Rule # 1 No talking about undies. yours or anyone elses.

I hope "Takaya" will eventually meet the business end of a snare or bullet, unbeknownst to cbc of course...

Will be cancelling subscription and sending letters

I was having a discusion with my father last night who now lives in saskatchewan but grew up hunting here in the 70s to 2010 and i picked up here aswell in 98 with my grandfather and dad who has also hunted here since the 50s . None of us are trappers.
    He did mention all ove the above .
    Human enroachment . Logging . Roads and cycles .
    He said that what he has noticed as the years went by was a predator density that waxed and waned thruout the years . Peaking every 6-10 years . Predator sightings and sign would increase and ungulate sightings and sign would decrease in some areas ,become more spread out and start showing sign in harder to reach areas and uncommon areas to see sign . Obviously due to the heavy presence of preds .

He has a journal he started in 79 taking notes of all kinds .
    He pointed out that he noted densitys and sightings coupled withweather patterns and beyond .

In breif the cycles of numbers and slow vs high years in his observations are .

High/normal years

79/80/86/87/88/94/95/01/02/03/09/10

My observations tail off of that and bring me to 2011/12/17/18

These are all personal observations of normal to high years in game sightings (deer) .

What i noticed was there was a definate trend in the dates continueing up to this day . However . As the years have gone by the sightings are noted as "high" these are still observations with over all densitys shrinking in some areas .

My dad tells me stories most people wouldny beleive . But ive heard those same stories from the old timers else were and there are pictures to prove it . What a hay day . Either way .
    Agree with the fact that predators need to be culled to help .

Which reminds me . My truck is warm !! Time to go .

Mc
    "My biggest fear is that when I die, my wife sells all my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it"

"Take your boy hunting, and you won't have to hunt for your boy".

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching- even when doing the wrong thing is legal.”

I can't get all worked up until I see what you are talking about....link?
    Not much is going too happen until there is some unification within the hunting community. There is a massive political force available in the unifying of Resident hunters, G/O, and the Native hunter's who aren't bought and paid for, I have identified this and put forth my idea's to those who can effect real change...Crickets.

Often Crickets are heard because its not their idea, nothing more than that, a human fault that has led to the downfall of many.

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    I can't get all worked up until I see what you are talking about....link?
    Not much is going too happen until there is some unification within the hunting community. There is a massive political force available in the unifying of Resident hunters, G/O, and the Native hunter's who aren't bought and paid for, I have identified this and put forth my idea's to those who can effect real change...Crickets.

Often Crickets are heard because its not their idea, nothing more than that, a human fault that has led to the downfall of many.
    this is very true ^^^

Look at the last 10years in BC and you will see that antis gaining ground coincides with some major negative points for hunter relations in B.C.