Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Safari Slings

Re: Safari Slings

I made up my own , had to try the concept before spending the loot, found it worked fine after a tweak of the size of the two loops, still using it after several years
    just made it up using simple utility straps and a couple orings
    not labelled but functional
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Mist View Post
    There’s also Montana gun slings. Not exactly the same as safari sling but similar. Nicer quality though as they are leather.

https://www.montanagunslings.com/
    I love my Montana sling, it’s quick adjusting, adjustment hold firm, sling is sturdy and carries well!

the next sling I buy will be the Blue Force Gear hunting sling, would like to give it a try. I have a Blue Force Gear sling on my tactical rifle and it’s great.
    Last edited by Mr.Crumbz; 12-28-2019 at 10:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Crumbz View Post
    I love my Montana sling, it’s quick adjusting, adjustment hold firm, sling is sturdy and carries well!

the next sling I buy will be the Blue Force Gear hunting sling, would like to give it a try. I have a Blue Force Gear sling on my tactical rifle and it’s great.
    That won't work for long once Turdhole comes knocking on your door to confiscate your weapon of mass destruction
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

But Maybe we will be like New Zealand, and only give up 13%.

I got mine at del selins in vernon. Not sure if he still carries them

I know this is an old Thread but thank you to Bag1 for giving me a good potential source for a safari sling

Bought my Safari sling from where Bag1 said..Paid the price and 5.00 shipping ..Great sling ..Takes the weight of the rifle so you hardly know its there ..Rifle is always in the ready ..Love it ...My wife wants one now ...Dennis

Reviving this thread. Bought a Boonie Packer Safari sling last year after reading all the rave reviews. It looked like a good idea, quick access and comfortable. The sling came in and I installed in on one of my rifle. Walking around the house and pointing the rifle here and there I thought was going to be great come hunting time.

First day out, I drive to my favorite trail. Get out of the truck, put my bino harness on, grab my rifle and sling it up. Nope! That's not going to work with a bino harness! Took the sling off and put my Ultimate Gun Sling back on. I was quite disappointed. Am I missing something or is it just not compatible with a bino harness?

Quote Originally Posted by bcsteve View Post
    Reviving this thread. Bought a Boonie Packer Safari sling last year after reading all the rave reviews. It looked like a good idea, quick access and comfortable. The sling came in and I installed in on one of my rifle. Walking around the house and pointing the rifle here and there I thought was going to be great come hunting time.

First day out, I drive to my favorite trail. Get out of the truck, put my bino harness on, grab my rifle and sling it up. Nope! That's not going to work with a bino harness! Took the sling off and put my Ultimate Gun Sling back on. I was quite disappointed. Am I missing something or is it just not compatible with a bino harness?
    Something is wrong, I put my bino harness on, then my pack if i'm wearing one, then the gun goes over top of everything and it works fine.

Maybe I did t give it enough of a chance. I’ll give it another try.