Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Meszah peak/level mountain

Re: Meszah peak/level mountain

The nearest otter is Smithers. They’ll land on Level with a beaver but reduced loads on takeoff.

Yah ....High elevation means reduced weight on takeoff..Too bad Ray and Ernie Sande still arent flying ..They had an Otter ...Dennis

Yes the good old days. Beaver, Otter and 185. Found some old receipts for BCYukon for the Otter $2.45 a mile and a small fuel surcharge. But that was well over 30 years ago. Wish I had gone every year back then, getting the time off was the problem. Lately I have been going to Central and Eastern Europe with the wife for less than it would cost to fly into my favorite hunting lake. Times have changed!

Quote Originally Posted by butcher View Post
    The nearest otter is Smithers. They’ll land on Level with a beaver but reduced loads on takeoff.

This experience still has me a little confused. Technically it did fly out of Smithers... we asked about a larger plane for our sheep trip and they said they didn't have one. But on the day we were to fly out... smaller plane just means you bring less bullshit gear

Is that on Tatogga? I had the same experience a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by butcher View Post
    Is that on Tatogga? I had the same experience a few years back.
    yes it is..........

Quote Originally Posted by warnniklz View Post

This experience still has me a little confused. Technically it did fly out of Smithers... we asked about a larger plane for our sheep trip and they said they didn't have one. But on the day we were to fly out... smaller plane just means you bring less bullshit gear
    I think Alpine Lakes sometimes doesn't know where each of their planes is going to be based at a given date on the season (Smithers or Tatogga), so if you're asking about a larger plane out of Tatogga on a given date and they think the Caravan will be working out of Smithers at that point they'd answer that they didn't have a larger plane available, as in they don't want to relocate it for one flight. With that said anything can change with weather, work and flying. If you know they have the Caravan and that's what you want and you call them with the specific idea of utilizing the Caravan to get to a lake it might be different.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I think Alpine Lakes sometimes doesn't know where each of their planes is going to be based at a given date on the season (Smithers or Tatogga), so if you're asking about a larger plane out of Tatogga on a given date and they think the Caravan will be working out of Smithers at that point they'd answer that they didn't have a larger plane available, as in they don't want to relocate it for one flight. With that said anything can change with weather, work and flying. If you know they have the Caravan and that's what you want and you call them with the specific idea of utilizing the Caravan to get to a lake it might be different.
    Ah yes, that makes sense.