Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meszah peak/level mountain

Meszah peak/level mountain

Anyone hunted here diy? Got a fairly steep quote for an early August fly in to level lake out of dease lake, might bite, but I'd like to know if there's anything up there besides caribou (and wolves ). Any advice much appreciated.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Meszah peak/level mountain

What was the price per air mile?

Quoted 1200 in and 1200 out from dease. Didn't give me a mile rate.

Seems a little steep. Should only be 50 miles or so. Maybe his rates are going up. Or maybe that’s minimum rate?

I wouldent go early August and $1200 sounds about right, $9.50 a mile, which has been the going rate the last few years.

9.50 a mile for a 50 mile trip should only be 475 in and 475 out. I was quoted 1200 to get in and 1200 for pickup. I don't know what is in that area at all. I kindof just wanted to explore it. I know there are caribou up there and they open on the 15th but if there was sheep or goat in those small mountain s early August wouldn't be so bad.

You pay per mile but you pay for the miles that the pilot has to return to base as well. So if a lake is 50 miles away you'll pay for 100 on the way in and 100 on the way out.

Hope that makes sense. Lake is either a bit more than 50 each way or your price per mile is closer to $12 quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackmastr View Post
    You pay per mile but you pay for the miles that the pilot has to return to base as well. So if a lake is 50 miles away you'll pay for 100 on the way in and 100 on the way out.

Hope that makes sense. Lake is either a bit more than 50 each way or your price per mile is closer to $12 quoted.
    Exactly. That’s why I guessed the rate had increased or level was inside their minimum flight range.

More then 50 air miles, dont think you can land a beaver on meszah peak.

Price per mile is probably going up. The insurance for floatplanes has skyrocketed in the last few months.