Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Meszah peak/level mountain

Re: Meszah peak/level mountain

Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    More then 50 air miles, dont think you can land a beaver on meszah peak.
    Well you probably could, but you’d need a ride home!

Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    More then 50 air miles, dont think you can land a beaver on meszah peak.
    You can land anywhere once

Quote Originally Posted by vortex View Post
    Price per mile is probably going up. The insurance for floatplanes has skyrocketed in the last few months.
    This is a very true statement. Insurance is up, avgas is generally up and parts and maintenance sure aren't getting cheaper. That said I have no idea if the price per mile has actually gone up for this charter.
    Last edited by MattW; 12-12-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Sorry to butt into your thread but i am looking at doing a fly in hunt next year. For the price of $2400 round trip how many people and how much gear can you take on a float plane? Just starting to get a budget together now.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    Sorry to butt into your thread but i am looking at doing a fly in hunt next year. For the price of $2400 round trip how many people and how much gear can you take on a float plane? Just starting to get a budget together now.
    It really depends on what plane you hire, what you want to hunt, what size of lake you want to hunt at and at what altitude, but generally a beaver will take in 2 maybe 3 guys and a pretty decent camp. If you're hunting moose or elk and you have any success with your hunting you'll probably need an extra meat trip on the way out if you went in heavy. If you hire an Otter you're golden, take along the kitchen sink and a porcelain commode, shoot as many moose as you like.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    BC Yukon will allow you 1200 lbs of gear and bodies. It seems like a lot but most new guys will take way too much gear. And yes, if you’re full going in you’ll probably need an extra flight going out if you’re lucky and have a moose.

Great, thanks. That gives me a starting point. Got my ultralight backpack hunting gear pretty dialled and I'm in good shape and only weigh 160lbs so there's weight saved there. Good point in budgeting one more flight incase of success with a moose.

Ime, a beaver will usually run out of cargo room before running out of weight. Depending on the aircraft and it’s upgrades, some have a bit more cargo room then others. That white beaver BC yukon owns had the least amount of cargo room of any beaver Iv flown in.

Hey guys, thanks a ton for the info. Yes now the price makes sense. Thanks for helping a greenhorn out.

EGT....You might want to ask the pilot if he can land on Level lake ..It is due east of Mezsah peak ...Its about 3/4 of a mile long ..An otter is the best for short takeoffs versus a beaver ...But I dont know if there is a Otter flying out of Dease Lake ..There is sheep on Level mtn as well as caribou and goat I think ...Talk to the pilot he will be able to answer your questions ....Dennis