Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Region 2 final weekend hunt

Region 2 final weekend hunt

Hi guys
    Just wondering if you guys would be so kind and point me to an area of region 2 for a chance at a mulie buck
    I usually hit up 3 or 7 during my main hunting season. And finally broke the curse in a whitey in 7
    I live in Vancouver and wanted to go for a quick evening/day hunt before the season is totally done
    Thanks in advance!

2. Site Sponsor

guest Guest

Re: Region 2 final weekend hunt

Try Skagit fsr hwy 1 to US border.
    Try Harrison West towards Pemberton.
    It can happen any where.
    Good luck.

If you don’t have a spot scouted out it does not matter where you go because your randomly searching so luck plays a big roll

region 2 is also majority blacktail and they act very different then MD

That’s why I’m hoping to be pointed in the right direction lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    If you don’t have a spot scouted out it does not matter where you go because your randomly searching so luck plays a big roll

region 2 is also majority blacktail and they act very different then MD

Quote Originally Posted by Carrollizer View Post
    That’s why I’m hoping to be pointed in the right direction lol
    No kidding there is guys that kill deer consistently throughout the lower mainland but it’s because they know the small pockets within the area. To give you an idea one buddy tagged out in chilliwack valley, 3 others tagged out in Harrison, and another tagged out hunting the mission area. They do it all the time and most who hunt these area fail. Drop these same guys in parts of region 2 they don’t know their success rate will drop dramatically

Even if I told you where to go odds are you won’t even find where the pocket is because you won’t identify it when you see it

I personally took all my BT from mission to the west side of Harrison when I live there. All my deer were low elevation.

seriously pick an area and learn it or wander around wondering where the bucks are in region 2 like most. Not being a dick I am being honest.

Yep! Can't really go wrong. Lots of FSR options and there are pockets of deer around any of them. Good time of year to scout as you'll be getting into some snow and finding tracks.

Some Region 2 FSR's are like skating rinks now so be careful of that.

The snow helped me out last weekend. The spot that had bucks a couple weeks ago had zero tracks so I moved over to another area 10km away. Next thing I know a deer is walking around down the hill from me out in the open about 40 yards away. Stupid me though... once I knew 100% it was a doe I went for the camera and got myself busted then she bounced off. I should have just stuck to her like glue and waited. She'd been flicking her tail up so who knows who else was near by.

I might give it one last shot this weekend too. Good luck out there whichever FSR you decide to start on.

Or don’t use FSR at all I rarely did

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Or don’t use FSR at all I rarely did
    True as well. I see a few places that often have trucks parked right off the highway, sometimes a power line trail, other times just timber.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    True as well. I see a few places that often have trucks parked right off the highway, sometimes a power line trail, other times just timber.
    That works but that is just one option

The few times people seen me heading into my BT spots they all thought I was fishing or duck hunting. I never corrected them lol

Well I’m thinking of behind the chief in 2-7 or east Harrison
    I’m bringing chains and maybe snowshoes
    and yes guys I realize pockets exist. I was more looking for recommendations of region 2 areas at this late in the season for a final day of hunting