Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Southern Interior Mule Deer Project Update

Re: Southern Interior Mule Deer Project Update

yup
    they do indeed coexist side by side

I have never had a bad experience with a cougar, but had some exciting experiences with a few. We lived on the end of a public road and lots of bush to play in. opened the door and there was on on our porch, another time there was one on the lawn. there was one climbing a tree beside the road I was walking down, it was neat to see in the moon light, another one jumped off a log I was going to duck under, another time the wife and I were camped on a sand bar in a pup tent up in the north Island ad eh wife woke me up and said she could hear something around the tent. Got up in the A.M. and there were cougar track around the tent. The wife hasn't camped in a tent sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SemperAurum View Post
    The hybrid bucks tended to move and behave more like whiteys. They lived in the thick willows and rabbit bush (muleys were always in the fir timber). The head and noses looked like a whitey. The tails were long and flat like a whitey. White fur underbelly. Antlers had the whitetail shape with the forward main beam with muley tines.
    Humm Muleys always in Fir timber ? might have to check that out .
    Thanks for the tip , guess been doing it wrong for over 40 years .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    Humm Muleys always in Fir timber ? might have to check that out .
    Thanks for the tip , guess been doing it wrong for over 40 years .

How come people are so quick to judge, make assumptions, and call others out?

in the one and only area that I hunted deer for 15 years the muleys always came out of the fir and the whiteys always came out of the willows to feed in the same open area. capiche????

just my observation

If i had a photo or a hand drawn sketch I would post it so you can understand what I am saying more clearly.

i know people in their 80's and 90's that have been doing all kinds of things wrong for their whole existence.

in 15 years i never once saw a muley come out of the willows or flee into the willows. they always came out of the fir and went back into the fir when spooked.

whiteys came out of willows and fled into willows. always. no exceptions

this is just based on my observation of the area that i hunted deer. i dont know everything about deer

An area well known for great MD hunting.
    I walk down the skid road and off to the side, there are 3 MD Doe and 2 WT Doe bedded together.
    Have also seen a 2pt MD and a 2pt WT walk together for 3 days straight.

This is a thread on the Southern Interior Mule Deer Project. Let's try and keep it on track.
    "The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by HighCountryBC View Post
    This is a thread on the Southern Interior Mule Deer Project. Let's try and keep it on track.
    I would guess that the report , results, conclusions have already been written . Just waiting to be released after the timeline has lapsed . They already know what they want to do , I suppose the only wildcard might be the indigenous community wishes

Ongoing Dannybuoy. Cats and fawns will be the next to get necklaces.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea