Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolves around Kamloops

Wolves around Kamloops

Hey guys. Originally from the chilcotin area. I Was curious if anyone had any areas around Kamloops i can go for wolves. I know they are territorial and can have a big territory as well. Just looking for a good area to start. I have a few ideas that have worked in the past to lure them in. Any advice would be great, looking to knock em down this winter. Thank you.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Wolves around Kamloops

Red lake, up the Jamieson fsr, deadman valley towards cache, any fsr off the highway between Kamloops and little fort west or east.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

Bonaparte above Deadman is littered with them. Red Lake, Chase to Sunpeaks. Just out of town above Lac Du Bois. *******s are all over now.

I ran into a pack at lac du bois while I was calling coyotes. There were 7 of them.

Anywhere north of kamloops lake all the way up to hwy 24.

Right on, thanks!

Yup, what people have posted is true.
    Wait for the snow, and go from there, and yes, where other game is present like MD.
    No sign of prey items, then you are wasting your time looking for the wolves.
    Stick with the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by butcher View Post
    I ran into a pack at lac du bois while I was calling coyotes. There were 7 of them.

I called in a Lab and the family with him a few years ago up there. I did see a big wolf once up there but missed it. If the residents of Batch knew what kind of monsters were living in their backyard, they would be pro wolf cull pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by lovemywinchester View Post
    I called in a Lab and the family with him a few years ago up there. I did see a big wolf once up there but missed it. If the residents of Batch knew what kind of monsters were living in their backyard, they would be pro wolf cull pretty quickly.
    I saw two monster wolves last year scavenging of coyote kills on the ice at shumway lake. First time for that lucky for them 1/4 mile limit or I’d a been blasting away

3-28 has lots of them. Go where the md are in their winter ranges now and due your magic.