Thread: Red Stag in New Zealand

Red Stag in New Zealand

I'm looking for recommendations for outfitters in New Zealand for a Red Stag hunt if this a hunt you've done and can share you're experience or recommend a particular outfitter it would be most appreciated. Not really looking for the 5 star treatment and accommodations, just a good hunt and modest accommodations. I'm turning 40 next year and my wife has been looking into making my bucket list hunt a reality, I married well.
    Hunting, fishing, drawing, and music occupied my every moment. Cares I knew not, and cared naught about them.” -John James Audubon

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Red Stag in New Zealand

Ask Whelan Lad on Gun Nutz website . He would know
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

Unless you’re wanting one of those high fence inbred monsters, just go do it yourself. If you have a map and a pair of boots you can kill stags.

I hunted with South Pacific Safaris in 2010 and had a great experience. I understand that the ownership has now changed. It is a beautiful location. You can be glassing for stags and be looking down on the Pacific Ocean at the same time!

Too bad you dont want a bow hunt.... The crew (brothers) at GoBush <http://www.gobush.co.nz/> Run a first class bow hunting outfit ( Red deer, feral hogs, and feral goats ) The hogs and goats are HUGH and the horns on the wild billies are true trophies. my wife and I spent time with the GoBush crew a number of years ago------ First class treatment and a really great trip-- the fishing for trout is challenging because they are very wary as they share the same water as the massive eels. I had one trout about 2 lbs gobbled at my feet by a 5ft eel ! It is Maori land, so there is virtually no one but the hunting and fishing guests in the area.