Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Elk in Region 5

Re: Elk in Region 5

Quote Originally Posted by elknut View Post
    Years and years ago we set up a Rocky Mountain Elk chapter in 100 Mile ...Lots of turnout ..Everyone was on board for an elk relocation program in region 5...The ministry was on board ...Hunters were on board ...but the Cattlemens Association was not ...This threw a Ky bosh into the whole program ..Our relocation never happened ...All I have from this era is a hat from the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation ...Me thinks when the season opens any ranchers will look to have the elk shot off ..They are very strongly against elk in the Cariboo...Hopefully the elk can survive this opening ...I doubt it but Ive been wrong before....Dennis
    Ranchers are parasitic and are always on the lookout for handouts and action for their concerns. Poor me i need a fence. Poor me my hay is being eaten. Poor poor me.....

it disgusts me that cowfolk hold so much influence over elk in this province.

Originally Posted by elknut
    Years and years ago we set up a Rocky Mountain Elk chapter in 100 Mile ...Lots of turnout ..Everyone was on board for an elk relocation program in region 5...The ministry was on board ...Hunters were on board ...but the Cattlemens Association was not ...This threw a Ky bosh into the whole program ..Our relocation never happened ...All I have from this era is a hat from the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation ...Me thinks when the season opens any ranchers will look to have the elk shot off ..They are very strongly against elk in the Cariboo...Hopefully the elk can survive this opening ...I doubt it but Ive been wrong before....Dennis

SemperAurum says

Ranchers are parasitic and are always on the lookout for handouts and action for their concerns. Poor me i need a fence. Poor me my hay is being eaten. Poor poor me.....

Im sure gcreek and bearvalley - There both Ranchers and WILL agree with you OR is this just a TROLL RJ

Quote Originally Posted by SemperAurum View Post

Really? Hmmm.. I personally know on a rancher that removed almost three dozen wolves last winter. On his own dime!

I’ll tell him he has it all wrong and he should ask for handouts and every problem he has will be solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbow View Post
    Really? Hmmm.. I personally know on a rancher that removed almost three dozen wolves last winter. On his own dime!

I’ll tell him he has it all wrong and he should ask for handouts and every problem he has will be solved.
    The topic is elk in region 5 not wolves

lots of folks kill wolves on their own dime

The topic is elk in region 5 not wolves

lots of folks kill wolves on their own dime
    Do you know anything about the elk in Region 5?
    As for your comment on ranchers being parasitic....loud talk from an anounamous face.
    Floors yours loudmouth....tell me all about the elk in the Cariboo after you let us all know how you earn your living.

How I earn my living is none of your business.

But what I can tell you is that I dont oppose the presence of elk in this province because it might affect my living. I also dont string miles of barbed wire across crown land to make my living. And i dont own animals that shit into creeks, rivers, and streams.

I despise cattle ranchers because as a group, they despise elk. Yes, you read it correctly. Despise.

Put up a god damn 8' fence and grow your own feed and keep your cattle on your own land. Be supportive of elk on crown land. Only then do you have a business that does not affect others and my respect.

Fact of the matter is that cattle are not natural to bc, but then again neither are the density of people we have. Both the cattle and the people have negative impacts on the wildlife. The solutions to wildlife management issues all have winners and losers.

How I earn my living is none of your business.

But what I can tell you is that I dont oppose the presence of elk in this province because it might affect my living. I also dont string miles of barbed wire across crown land to make my living. And i dont own animals that shit into creeks, rivers, and streams.

I despise cattle ranchers because as a group, they despise elk. Yes, you read it correctly. Despise.

Put up a god damn 8' fence and grow your own feed and keep your cattle on your own land. Be supportive of elk on crown land. Only then do you have a business that does not affect others and my respect.
    That’s about the kind of answer I expected from you.
    Maybe look over your own shoulder.....do you think the hundreds of miles of access roads you crowed that you built helped wildlife.
    Always easy to blame and mouth the other guy.
    For your information I fully support elk on crown land.
    The proposed LEH in Region 5 has F-all to do with crown land.
    Its a private land bull/cow LEH season that runs for 3 months in 2 small areas within Region 5.
    My ranch happens to be in that area.
    Do I think this hunt is valid.....NO.
    Once there is a licensed hunt on private land the floodgates will be opened to crown land as well.
    Region 5 elk that are just now spreading out instead of being the homesteading freeloaders that they were in the past.....will be gone.
    Not really what you thought a parasitic rancher would say was it?
    Stay anonymous.....you can act tougher!

Would you sing the same song if a proposal was put forth to transplant elk into the region? Now that they are all but gone in BC, perhaps we can get some from the prairies or the US of A.

I recall as a young lad watching as the men caught, bagged, and tagged live elk to be taken to other locations for repopulation. At the time I did not understand it very well but I loved elk and knew that it was a great thing despite my young age. I would have never dreamed that good ole cow farmers would start killing them and lobbying to get rid of them and have the political clout to keep them out.

Popcorns refilled.