Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Elk in Region 5

Elk in Region 5

Spent some time late season in 5-14 & found tracks & Elk scat in this area.Been hunting this area for a number of years & this is a first.The Elk could easily migrate down the Fraser River.I don't figure they cross the river as it hasn't froze over the last few years?Although they are very good swimmers.Wondering if anyone else has seen any Elk in this area or better yet have trailcam pictures? Cheers Mark

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Elk in Region 5

No pictures, my brother and buddy were hunting out there a couple years ago, ran into an indian dude who said he shot two bull elk out that way. YAY!

Hmmmm Hixon...yup..east of Williams lake towards Likely personally seen elk a few times..couple areas I always see elk tracks.talking to someone in the know..600 elk in region 5..
    600...3 years the indians will have em all dead..then more drums more dead eagles more demands for their sacred Kobi beef from their ancestral home of Japan..
    Have word of some way out west..from very reliable source.
    next time I will take photos of at least the tracks..
    Srupp

Yes there is. Horsefly likely area. Private property. Let’s keep em private if you know what I mean

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Elk around the Alexandria reserve, from there, north towards Quesnel. Was a big dust up last year, the chief of the band, and his son killed a couple bulls in a farmers haystack. HBC thread about it. moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

I've seen a few near Kersley a couple times over the years. K

Seen them in the south end too. Highway 24.

Quote Originally Posted by moosinaround View Post
    Elk around the Alexandria reserve, from there, north towards Quesnel. Was a big dust up last year, the chief of the band, and his son killed a couple bulls in a farmers haystack. HBC thread about it. moosin

Its still happening in Quesnel only the land owner is allowing it.

yup chad stump is the killer.

We saw a huge cow elk just south of Quesnel this summer at 1:00 in the afternoon, right beside Hwy 97. Also heard them bugling when fishing on Dewar and have seen them on private land by Horsefly,,, so yes they are around, but will be years before we get a chance on them.

xpeier