Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scary Evening Call In Wolf Pack Solo Hunting,,2019..

Scary Evening Call In Wolf Pack Solo Hunting,,2019..

A person has to be on their toes at all times when you hunt solo most of the time.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2_HHZuRFs0
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Scary Evening Call In Wolf Pack Solo Hunting,,2019..

I know what I’d be doing in that position.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Yup Wayne, you are definitely in an area at the moment that has a wolf infestation!!
    HOPEFULLY, there is a trapper working the area??????????

If not, the game #'s will even get worse in there as those wolves don't move til they basically drop the number by ATLEAST 70%.
    I think some areas, they drop game #'s by around 85%, depending on species before they move elsewhere.
    And if there #'s are already high with a multitude of packs in and around that valley (adjoining area/territory) then that pack is sort
    stuck to that area in which you hunt....not good.

I know there would have been led flying with us and I probably at this point would take Proguides advice about the 1st shot to the 1st wolf.

My son and I enjoyed your vid Wayne.....I agree, we gotta hammer wolves...should we start a fund or something ourselves to pay for a helicopter and start shooting them ourselves? Or pay for more trapping, does Proguide still have a go fund me going?

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    My son and I enjoyed your vid Wayne.....I agree, we gotta hammer wolves...should we start a fund or something ourselves to pay for a helicopter and start shooting them ourselves? Or pay for more trapping, does Proguide still have a go fund me going?
    Hey Harry,
    Heard that a couple wolves have been spotted
    in the Okanagan. About five klicks in on Bear Lake Main FSR.
    Im going out and will try to get them...

Hopefully you put the camera down and hammered one or two Wayne.

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

That is some amazing footage, as always thanks for the post and video
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jan.wi97 View Post
    Hey Harry,
    Heard that a couple wolves have been spotted
    in the Okanagan. About five klicks in on Bear Lake Main FSR.
    Im going out and will try to get them...
    I’m up for planning an Okanagan wolf hunt if you guys are game... caveat: I have 0 experience or knowledge, just bullets and enthusiasm
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton

What's holding you back from stroking them Wayne? I'd be doing the same as Red Ride alluded to. I just can't believe how unconcerned they are with your presence nearby. The times I have seen them, they saw me first and were booking out of sight.
    The only question that I would have is which one(s) are the alphas? Not that I would shot them first, no, I would take BearValley's advice and shoot the subordinates. BV is under the impression that taking the alphas out only makes more alphas out of the subordinates and then you have an increase in population because they all now screwing their heads off. I concur with this logic.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    What's holding you back from stroking them Wayne? I'd be doing the same as Red Ride alluded to. I just can't believe how unconcerned they are with your presence nearby. The times I have seen them, they saw me first and were booking out of sight.
    The only question that I would have is which one(s) are the alphas? Not that I would shot them first, no, I would take BearValley's advice and shoot the subordinates. BV is under the impression that taking the alphas out only makes more alphas out of the subordinates and then you have an increase in population because they all now screwing their heads off. I concur with this logic.
    If you started opening up on these wolves you shoot whatever you can you don't have much time to get shots away when they are running full tilt after the first shot..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..