Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Feel lot Safer With Electric Fence Around My Camp

Re: Feel lot Safer With Electric Fence Around My Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Just so you are aware that an electric fence does not make you invincible.
    https://youtu.be/_gMC11x1luA
    Yes your correct but having an electric fence up and in place makes a person feel lot saffer
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

This video is the one reason I took time to put up the electric fence this year ,,this video was taken this year....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eQwBmHmFxc

Here are a few of the tools I have to keep safer when back in no mans land,,the older spot device on the right I no longer use the one on the left I have had now for two
    years and yes there has been issues with the text message one but spot is always putting out downloads to fix the bugs within this new spot device..

THe clip on light that you see in this picture goes onto the end of my 870 remington 12 gauge it has a feature red dot that when you dial in the red light to the beed at the
    end of your barrel its dead on you can have the light and the dot on at the same time or just the light,,the name brand is (NcSTAR)

Last edited by hunter1947; 12-11-2019 at 05:49 AM.

The marks from a grizzly bear took my wt buck off the meat pole eat the entire deer that night..

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post

This is thew one I got Wayne looks like last years model of yours.
    Here is my controller.

That fence is only as good as it’s circuit is intact. A bear walking into it unknowingly might just as likely lunge right through it was it is to lunge backwards.

id look into an alarm that will sound off when the circuit is broken or when there’s a voltage drop as would occur when shorting you’re ground through an animal.

id think long dry hair would be one hell of an insulator anyways. Short of touching the fence with pads, nose, lips, gums and tongue I wouldn’t imagine it do much.

you might want to test that out yourself rather than a false sense of security. Hold onto a handful of dry hair and touch the fence.

I know through testing automotive ignitions in the 65,000 volt range it’ll give you one hell of a zap to the flesh but you can hold a dry rag while the other end touches the terminal and not feel a thing. The spark won’t even recognize it as a ground source, therefore won’t even jump to it. Do it with a damp rag and be prepared to soil oneself.

If I was gonna use one for camp I'd run 2 wires. A hot and ground wire. Run the hot in the middle.

Is that sow wearing a collar? I wonder if she has been to Yahk and back.

Wayne, For the amount of time you spend alone outdoors you should get yourself a good woods dog or two. Great company and good early detection system. Good trackers also. My little girl has been in on 6 or more bear kills and now she spends her awake time sniffng, listening for, and waiting to see a bear. She is obsessed with them. Tons of fun! Lots of love. Great bear deterrent.

If you want a real campsite bear champ get a Rhodesian Ridgeback. No special training required. Problem is the damn things need a sweater when it gets cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwestalta View Post
    If I was gonna use one for camp I'd run 2 wires. A hot and ground wire. Run the hot in the middle.
    I got all 3 hot wires twined together all 3 hot wires have the same voltage in then testing them tells me all are the same voltage..

Quote Originally Posted by Busterpayton54 View Post
    That fence is only as good as it’s circuit is intact. A bear walking into it unknowingly might just as likely lunge right through it was it is to lunge backwards.

id look into an alarm that will sound off when the circuit is broken or when there’s a voltage drop as would occur when shorting you’re ground through an animal.

id think long dry hair would be one hell of an insulator anyways. Short of touching the fence with pads, nose, lips, gums and tongue I wouldn’t imagine it do much.

you might want to test that out yourself rather than a false sense of security. Hold onto a handful of dry hair and touch the fence.

I know through testing automotive ignitions in the 65,000 volt range it’ll give you one hell of a zap to the flesh but you can hold a dry rag while the other end touches the terminal and not feel a thing. The spark won’t even recognize it as a ground source, therefore won’t even jump to it. Do it with a damp rag and be prepared to soil oneself.

I know through testing automotive ignitions in the 65,000 volt range it’ll give you one hell of a zap to the flesh but you can hold a dry rag while the other end touches the terminal and not feel a thing. The spark won’t even recognize it as a ground source, therefore won’t even jump to it. Do it with a damp rag and be prepared to soil oneself