Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hard Times getting A Bull Elk Out Nighttime..

Re: Hard Times getting A Bull Elk Out Nighttime..

Doing a face plant is one thing, doing a face plant with an additional weight of 250-300 pounds is another. Best things old guys can do is stand back and watch, and like you Wayne, I'd be standing at your elbow taking it all in. That dude must have a lot more Neanderthal in him than the rest of us.
    Anyhow, they got it out and that is what matters.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Thats why they call it being young and stupid with a strong back, most big guy strong guys I know have back problems.Would have been a lot lighter without the hide on.

Lol that is only funny cause of how stupid it is .

Wowza, good way to get impaled by a stick when you fall over.

at least you die looking tough ... or stupid

I still feel pain from packing 130lb moose quarters over the years. I appreciate the gumption it takes to haul 1/2 an elk! Not sure how old that guy is but if he is a millennial it proves they are not all pussies.

4 guys, gutless method, 1 easy trip. Learn it, use it.

i did a immaturr bull moose similiar to that but it was too heavy with the hide on..i had to skin it first.

Definitely entertaining, just glad it wasn't me this time.

1st elk I ever shot was just before dark, and we went all the way back to camp to get the backpacks etc and then all the way back in.
    (should of just gutted and came back in the morning)
    Anyways, didn't get back to camp till 5 am!!!
    All I remember was we decided to fry up some liver with apples and onions and a few shots of Schnapps!.
    There was 4 of us, and we spent all the day as well getting every piece of meat out (this was before we started to debone meat)

When that one guy in your group put both hinds on the back, I was glad that wasn't me!
    Hate to say it, but take it from a guy with some major back problems, DO NOT try to be superman.
    One slight misstep or twist and it can change your life forever.

I do remember having to go up one slight incline once where I was on all 4's crawling up the hill.
    Just could not get up it on 2 feet.
    Don't miss it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but were there not 4 of you? So it behooves me as to why one person would pack that out by himself. It would have been just as simple to find a pole and and attach the hind to it. Then shoulder the pole, one person on the front and one person on the rear. Each packing half the load.
    i have tried the pole method with 2 guys and man is it hard on the shoulder especially if you are on uneven ground or a slope....never again for me