Thread: Shotgun recommendations for Waterfowl & Turkeys

Shotgun recommendations for Waterfowl & Turkeys

I will be in the market for a Semi-auto shotgun for Waterfowl and Turkeys and was wondering what everyone uses.

I already have 3 shotguns, two are defender types and the third is a Mossberg pump that I currently use for birds.

If anyone has good experiences and recommendations on what works or any models to avoid that would be great!

Reliability and quality is key, the price range I'm looking at is $1000 - $2000.

Thx!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Shotgun recommendations for Waterfowl & Turkeys

Any benelli semi-auto

Benelli Black Eagle II or III or Beretta A 400

I have a new Browning Auto-5 synthetic stalker. I’m loving the gun and the kick is nothing compared to my older recoil eject Auto-5’s.

It’s nice on the gas operated Auto-5 not having to change around springs for different loads. It shoots them all with no issues.

benelli or beretta cant go wrong with a sbe2, sbe3 or an a300, a350 or a400 all great guns

I like my SX4. It shoots everything and only my skill is limiting it. It is light and easy to point. It's at the lower end of your price range.

A bit more expensive is the Beretta A400. My regular hunting partner has it and from what I've seen and handled it seems like a very nice gun.

Benelli SBE 111 12 ga shoots awesome with any ammo, sporting clays, ducks, geese,upland & benelli M20 compact 20 ga shoots any ammo sporting clays & upland not tried on ducks or geese. Both soft shooting guns even with magnum loads 8 year old daughter shoots m2.

I went with a stoeger 3500, it came with 4 or 5 chokes and will shoot any size shells, it takes some getting used to after shooting a pump gun for so long, i paid just over $1000 for it.

I have a sbe2 and a sx3. Both are great guns. If your in the lower mainland I'm a member at mission if you wanted to try shooting them.
    Last edited by tim.l; 12-05-2019 at 04:04 PM.