Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wolf Lynx hunt..

wolf Lynx hunt..

So I would like to take my two boys on a predator hunt somewhere between Prince Rupert and Prince George.
    I want to try and get a nice lynx and a few wolves. Willing to bust my ass some to try and be succesful . Anyone that could give us some good solid info . This would be great. I could return the favour if you were were ever heading over to Haida Gwaii.
    Happy new year.
    Chris.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: wolf Lynx hunt..

The most lynx I have seen in all my travels was south of Huston but I don’t know what it’s like after the fire. Wolves are in the area to but like anywhere in BC wolves are everywhere but finding them can be another story. The bulky valley definitely holds good numbers of both

I’ve seen a bunch of lynx on the roads south of the highway between vanderhoof and pg. but that’s in the spring when I’m working up there and it’s been a while since I spent any real time doing that. Come to think of it I’ve seen some wolves there as well.

Just hit any of the blocks along the Kenny Dam or Kluskus around Vanderhoof. Grassy Plains near Burns Lake.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Well the nice thing about wolves is I have seen them everywhere from Port Edward to the Black water road in PG... don't have any hot spots for lynx though

OK great . Some things to think about . Thanks .

I haven't hunted the area you are interested but along rivers where it is thick with willows or dog hair thick pine is a good place to try for lynx if you see lots of rabbit tracks.Along old logging roads where you see lots of rabbit sign or grouse is good for cats or coyotes too.Cats typically take more time to come in and are very hard to spot.If you see cat tracks don't leave your stand early,be persistant.They like to sit and watch what the commotion is all about.Good luck on your hunt.

WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Thanks for sharing the Lynx argument, very interesting.
    Need a call like that maybe others would come to see what the argument was all about!

One thing I did noticed if you find a logging area that has been bunched well ahead of the skidders it can attract lynx because of the mice and rabbits that hide in the bundles. So if you are out on the weekend and there is an active block and they are not working check it out. Need a little luck to hit these conditions because the skidders are often close to the bunchers but all it takes is tough terrain combined with big wood or mechanical breakdowns and that can change