Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolves Are Eating All Our Game Animals Up In BC..

Re: Wolves Are Eating All Our Game Animals Up In BC..

The rumor I heard is that there will be no closed season on wolves in hi populated regions don't know if this is true its just a rumor I head from a houndsman ??.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by xlcc View Post
    These wolves aren't killing any game now

After hunting season for the ungulates is over then it is time to hunt the predators instead of sitting around on the couch like most hunters do.It takes a lot of effort and determination to hunt for wolves but it can be very rewarding and it's lots of fun.
    Of all the hunters out there how many go predator hunting to do their part in evening out the odds?You can't just shoot the ones we eat,you must shoot the predators too.
    For sure you got this correct all us as hunters should do there part on controlling wolves and other predators we the hunters and trappers are the only ones that will control predators
    hunters that bitch about the predator population have no one to blame but themselves if they don't do there part on controlling predators..

Last edited by hunter1947; 12-05-2019 at 02:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Great work....do you find distress calls or just howling like a wolf and sparking their curiosity more effective generally?
    Deer in distress call and howling are both good ways to bring in wolves.If you can find a road kill that the highways guys dump in a gravel pit are useful too.A fellow I know uses an electronic call to get a response then finishes with his voice howling.They do like to spread out when they come in especially down wind.

Does anyone know any trappers with territory in the Winfield area? I've got an area that has a good size pack in it. I've taken a few shots at them to no avail. I will be heading up there this winter to try to call them in. If I can find a trapper that is able to trap in the area it would be helpful as well.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus44 View Post
    Does anyone know any trappers with territory in the Winfield area? I've got an area that has a good size pack in it. I've taken a few shots at them to no avail. I will be heading up there this winter to try to call them in. If I can find a trapper that is able to trap in the area it would be helpful as well.
    Ron Lancour?? Not sure if that’s part of his area or not?
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by xlcc View Post
    Deer in distress call and howling are both good ways to bring in wolves.If you can find a road kill that the highways guys dump in a gravel pit are useful too.A fellow I know uses an electronic call to get a response then finishes with his voice howling.They do like to spread out when they come in especially down wind.
    What kind of "distress call" are people using???
    Keep hearing about it but haven't come across one in the stores....not that I know of anyways??

I bet there is a few trappers out there that would love to get a chance to trap on that line.

Quote Originally Posted by g_worsnop View Post
    I bet there is a few trappers out there that would love to get a chance to trap on that line.
    All that's needed is a trapping licence and WRITTEN permission from the registered trapline owner .

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    What kind of "distress call" are people using???
    Keep hearing about it but haven't come across one in the stores....not that I know of anyways??
    Get yourself a doe deer call ,a bleat and put some feelings in it when you blow it like you are going to get eaten or stuck in a fence.A"comeheredeer" call would work.I lost mine and use something else now.A cow elk call would do fine as well.
    A wolf howling can be heard a long ways off on a still day.In the Spring my wife and I set up a tent in our yard and sleep outside 'till September.At times we wake up to the wolves howling across the river.I consider ourselves fortunate to be able to hear them and to hunt them where we live.
    Last edited by xlcc; 12-05-2019 at 02:14 PM.