Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolves Are Eating All Our Game Animals Up In BC..

Re: Wolves Are Eating All Our Game Animals Up In BC..

I would like the law for trapping to change ,,say your in a trappers area and this trapper has not been trapping for animals within his trap line over a year the wildlife branch
    would now this because the trapper has to pay royalties fees on his pelts..

Say this trapline area is infested with wolves I would be a good thing for the wildlife branch to let other trappers that have there trappers license to trap these wolves or other
    within in this trap line..

I have noticed that some trappers within there trap line areas do nothing on there trap line and some use there cabins within this trap line for hunting purposes..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

As usual we Hunters have decided that all animals are "OURS". This selfish and unrealistic attitude is one of the reasons Anti's out number us and will continue to gain popularity, we have propped up the sword and continuing down the path will result in us falling on it.

Quote Originally Posted by the bear View Post
    As usual we Hunters have decided that all animals are "OURS". This selfish and unrealistic attitude is one of the reasons Anti's out number us and will continue to gain popularity, we have propped up the sword and continuing down the path will result in us falling on it.
    Sorry, its a bit early in the morning, my coffee and pain killers haven't kicked yet, but there is at least one flaw in your statement,
    There is one group, above all else that think the wildlife is "theirs" before anyone else....called FN.
    (just to clarify that).

As for the rest of the statement, not sure about the reasoning on the "Selfish and unrealistic attitude"????
    What are you getting at?
    What makes you feel that way?

All I see are hunters frustrated with a bunch of issues that plague our province thru government inaction or giving it away.
    Wolf is merely a little part of the issues, but would be a step in the right direction if the Ministry had balls.

What is exactly the sword that we are commiting hari-kari with????
    Sounds like from many of your posts on hbc, that hunters "disappoint you"???
    Would be nice if you explained what we are doing wrong and better yet, your view on "What hunters should be doing"!?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I would like the law for trapping to change ,,say your in a trappers area and this trapper has not been trapping for animals within his trap line over a year the wildlife branch
    would now this because the trapper has to pay royalties fees on his pelts..

Say this trapline area is infested with wolves I would be a good thing for the wildlife branch to let other trappers that have there trappers license to trap these wolves or other
    within in this trap line..

I have noticed that some trappers within there trap line areas do nothing on there trap line and some use there cabins within this trap line for hunting purposes..
    dormant trap lines is one of the issues Steve, proguide66, was dealing last year with his wolf initiative. Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do if the owner does not want you on his trapline.
    It seems like a tricky situation. Who's to say the owner isn't out there trying, just having a bad season? So makes it difficult to do anything about this issue, i think. There's no way to prove you aren't out there "often enough".

And yes, some folks have purchased traplines exclusively because it gives them the right to build a cabin in their hunting grounds. That one is kind of smart, actually, if you have the money

To further emphasize the concept of shooting a wolf and not having it affect the rest of your hunt, in this situation it may have helped you bag the elk ironically. IT is reasonable to assume that a wolf on the move only a half mile from where you eventually shot the elk, could have easily pushed the elk out of that area, had you not shot it earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by xlcc View Post
    I saw a wolf running across a huge meadow just at daybreak when gassing for elk.The wind was blowing hard.By the time I dug my coyote call outa' my jacket inside pocket he was a long ways off.I blew that call as hard as I could.After the third time he stopped,probably 500 yds away.I blew the call one more time and he turned around and came running back where he came from.I leaned my rifle against a small sappling ready to shoot.when he stopped he was about 175 yds.My buddy said "wack him".I knocked him down then he got up and ran another 100 yds.,jumped across a creek then piled up.A nice black male wolf.An hour later I shot a 6 point bull elk only a half a mile from the wolf .

What the heck are talking about? Care to explain?

Hunters are simply frustrated with the GOV inaction as they continue to manage....or lack there of....our fish and wildlife resources towards zero!! Fear of offending anyone or special interest groups now regularly trumps common sense and science based decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    All and all its called shot shovel and shut up..
    hunter 1947 always thought it pretty neat the amount of time you spent in he bush
    but sorry to see you went this way, but it seems all to comin these days especially looking
    at some of the posts on this site. Cant go out a single day here with out finding some thing
    illegal been done.

Again.....LBM and infinite wisdom.
    Call the CO's as it probably is a small group doing most o the illegal stuff.

Majority of hunters are great ethical people and care a lot.
    Hunter 47 is one of those.
    Only have to take a vote/poll between H47 and LBM to see who is who on HBC!!

Thankfully. most who have been on HBC for a time already know who is who!

Quote Originally Posted by andrew5 View Post
    To further emphasize the concept of shooting a wolf and not having it affect the rest of your hunt, in this situation it may have helped you bag the elk ironically. IT is reasonable to assume that a wolf on the move only a half mile from where you eventually shot the elk, could have easily pushed the elk out of that area, had you not shot it earlier.
    Wolf was running in the direction of where I killed the elk.I intercepted him along the way.

Everyone put this ignorant anti hunter on ignore plz....