Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolves Are Eating All Our Game Animals Up In BC..

Re: Wolves Are Eating All Our Game Animals Up In BC..

can anyone point me in a couple of general directions for wolf hunting close to the Lower Mainland?

Here is the link with the wolves killing two domestic dogs.....https://www.facebook.com/radoslawdom...4536053761816/
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by finngun View Post
    Why inspector dont come yu house,,,where wolf(s) is cold...? He is getting paid for it..not another way around..shooter is losing his time and gas money for nothing.. that is not right.
    You tell me why not ?????
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Like i said many people are into doing illegal things /poaching and if there doing it on a wolf cat or bear they are no different then the guy doing it on a ungulate.
    I disagree, as we clearly have a pred prob in BC...but you continue on your your politically correct high horse...

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    Like i said many people are into doing illegal things /poaching and if there doing it on a wolf cat or bear they are no different then the guy doing it on a ungulate.
    I disagree, as we clearly have a pred prob in BC...but you continue on your your politically correct high horse...

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    Wayne, you are correct.
    BC is doing and needs to expand predator (wolf) culls. The most recent ones are in conjunction with First Nations....the same ones many on this site seem to blame for our lack of game.
    The only way we will ever see game management that cannot be tampered with by politicians under the guise of “doing what they do in the best interest of the public”...is work with FN’s.
    Politician's and the media won’t touch them.
    Your right, we need to start discussing this pred issue with FNs - if they are on our side with a cull, then there is nothing the latte sipping hippy Liberals can really do or say...I think I'll talk with the local,band in my area, cheeers..

Quote Originally Posted by andrew5 View Post
    can anyone point me in a couple of general directions for wolf hunting close to the Lower Mainland?
    I could be wrong but I have heard that they were giving the elk herd around Harrison lake grief...

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    I could be wrong but I have heard that they were giving the elk herd around Harrison lake grief...
    no season on wolves in Harrison and there is very few. Elk in Harrison are experiencing a 2 legged problem

Region 2 all wolf seasons are on the west of the region basically Squamish north but wolf numbers don’t reach increase until you get into region 3. The packs in 3-32 could use a thinning for sure

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Yup, I concur 100% with the member in question.
    Most folks that hunt are law abiding and great people.
    Yes, there are some that don't give a shit and some who try hard to find the loopholes in hunting and there are a few.

NOBODY I have seen/read on HBC wants wolves to be eradicated in BC, not one post have I ever seen saying that.
    So, there are a few members who are out to lunch when they say that some here want that, and should be kicked off HBC for such false
    claims.

As for the ETHICAL factor on wolves and hip shots, I agree and I think every hbc member also agrees it is NOT EHTICAL, but rather
    PRACTICAL if one wants to do a proper job when taking wolves and not making the issue worse, thus it is brought up.

EVERY HBC MEMBER would like to see the Ministry to start doing the RIGHT THING, which is a full on cull of entire packs to "thin them out".
    IT is a part of managing all wildlife in BC and without it, creates some real imbalances that take years to "naturally be rectified"!!
    And that doesn't work when we had the human factor to these issues, and I am not just talking hunter, but everyone in BC playing a role
    in the demise of game #'s.

And to say that a member is potentially unethical in one situation, does not mean they are unethical all across the board!
    It just means they are frustrated with "one particular issue".

Some folks need to get their asses kicked off HBC and they can go F off to the Anti Sites!

Bounty for big bad wolf...even 50 or 100$ will help big time,