Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolves Are Eating All Our Game Animals Up In BC..

Wolves Are Eating All Our Game Animals Up In BC..

Bears and cats add to this problem as well..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eQwBmHmFxc

https://youtu.be/53aylgrJDRg

Part 4 from my 2019 hunt in this video you will see a pack
    of wolves that I called in using my voice..https://youtu.be/NgSsK7PsM5w

.................................................. ......................................
    Last edited by hunter1947; 12-06-2019 at 07:08 AM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Wolves Are Eating All Our Game Animals Up In BC..

Wayne, are you connecting with the trappers in the area you hunt and making them aware that the population of wolves is what it is? Need to work together and reduce those wolf numbers.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by J_T View Post
    Wayne, are you connecting with the trappers in the area you hunt and making them aware that the population of wolves is what it is? Need to work together and reduce those wolf numbers.
    Thanks.
    Yes J_T I pass it on letting everyone know about what wolves I see within my hunting area the end results seeing and calling wolves in will be kept under my hat to many animal rights people on social media
    will leave it at that,,I could talk about the trapping within my area won't go there..
    Last edited by hunter1947; 12-04-2019 at 08:32 AM.

Well I guess this means I need to treat myself to a new rifle for Christmas. And if the wife asks this one is for wolves.

Wayne, it is great to see you posting again. There was a thread a short while back asking about you and your quality content every year.

I hope you had a great season.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Firstly....Wayne.....GREAT TO HAVE YOU BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HOPE YOU CAN STAY A LITTLE LONGER...…

As for Wolves, yes, they aren't going anywhere and I am seeing that things are actually getting worse, even more so in areas where they really
    haven't been traditionally.
    I ran into more MD pelvis/spines this last November then in all the other years combined.
    And I sure as hell didn't cover every inch of ground up there, so I am pretty sure there were more casualties.
    (Partners also found the same issue where they walked)
    And it sure as heck wasn't due to starvation....I am completely positive about that.
    Wolves are the new player in that area, and it shows.

Some are complaining about the 1 MD Limit.
    I say it might be a good thing, and might now convince some to start pursing wolves and other preds.

Trapping is still one of the best ways.
    If our government isn't going to cull them, we as hunters really need to organize in a different manner and find other ways.
    It's definitely becoming a shit show in this province.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Firstly....Wayne.....GREAT TO HAVE YOU BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HOPE YOU CAN STAY A LITTLE LONGER...…

As for Wolves, yes, they aren't going anywhere and I am seeing that things are actually getting worse, even more so in areas where they really
    haven't been traditionally.
    I ran into more MD pelvis/spines this last November then in all the other years combined.
    And I sure as hell didn't cover every inch of ground up there, so I am pretty sure there were more casualties.
    (Partners also found the same issue where they walked)
    And it sure as heck wasn't due to starvation....I am completely positive about that.
    Wolves are the new player in that area, and it shows.

Some are complaining about the 1 MD Limit.
    I say it might be a good thing, and might now convince some to start pursing wolves and other preds.

Trapping is still one of the best ways.
    If our government isn't going to cull them, we as hunters really need to organize in a different manner and find other ways.
    It's definitely becoming a shit show in this province.

All and all its called shot shovel and shut up..

Nice to see you back Wayne.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Always enjoy your season end posts.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Yes J_T I pass it on letting everyone know about what wolves I see within my hunting area the end results seeing and calling wolves in will be kept under my hat to many animal rights people on social media
    will leave it at that,,I could talk about the trapping within my area won't go there..
    Interesting, we found that this years elk hunt would of had us tagged out on 2 balck bears for each of us and there were 3 of us out hunting.
    BBears everywhere where we hunted in the EK this season!
    Don't think they are the main culprits in reduced ungulates like elk however, but I can see them becoming a pain in the ass next year around
    camp!

Thought our wolves had moved on after last season and little sign, but nope, they were back as well and a big mother in the pack also from the
    size of tracks.

Also, sounds like the trapper in your area might be like the one in the area I hunt, who does not waste time targeting wolves "at all".
    (this is the story I get from the GO in there who does talk to the trapper directly)
    Heard there might be a new guy, but I aint holding my breath.

As for the Triple S (shoot, shovel, shut up), I suspect the GO uses that when he can, but he aint there all year round.
    I know there is a member or 2 on here who don't like the concept or hate hearing about 1080 (I get the concerns to other wildlife), but
    with the lack of government involvement and "taking care of what needs to be done", it will lead to folks doing it under their "own terms",
    and methods!!

It is just what happens when things get out of hand! and the folks in authority either stop listening or stop acting.
    But I think many who could and would do something have their hands tied.

It really is up to every trapper, GO and resident hunter to do their part and whatever they can.