Quote Originally Posted by xlcc View Post
Get yourself a doe deer call ,a bleat and put some feelings in it when you blow it like you are going to get eaten or stuck in a fence.A"comeheredeer" call would work.I lost mine and use something else now.A cow elk call would do fine as well.
A wolf howling can be heard a long ways off on a still day.In the Spring my wife and I set up a tent in our yard and sleep outside 'till September.At times we wake up to the wolves howling across the river.I consider ourselves fortunate to be able to hear them and to hunt them where we live.
Okay thanks.
I have seen one fella that had a deer distress that looked like one of those early day cow calls with an elastic band but never find it for sale.
Did look online and saw one from Primos and how they are using it but was curious to see what you were trying.

Yes, lucky (I suppose) that wolves are near by you to hunt them.
And good job on dropping some as well.

I know we have a pact now that the next time anyone in our hunting groups runs into them, no matter what we are hunting at the time,
they are going to be taken out.
(kicking myself that years ago I let that huge pack walk....stupid now in hindsight).
I don't worry about being out hunting elk and a bull is near by and I pull the pin on a wolf.
I have seen that game don't get too worried about gunshots as many think.
Have dropped a few elk only meters apart within only a couple of hours of each other.

Just an fyi to any who think they might be ruining their hunt if they were to shoot a wolf while in pursuit of a different species at the time.