Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolves Are Eating All Our Game Animals Up In BC..

Re: Wolves Are Eating All Our Game Animals Up In BC..

These wolves aren't killing any game now

After hunting season for the ungulates is over then it is time to hunt the predators instead of sitting around on the couch like most hunters do.It takes a lot of effort and determination to hunt for wolves but it can be very rewarding and it's lots of fun.
    Of all the hunters out there how many go predator hunting to do their part in evening out the odds?You can't just shoot the ones we eat,you must shoot the predators too.

Nice dogs....I really like the picture of the one tied to the stick with a rope!

Nice work xlcc ! Watched a Valerius Geist video recently and 1 wolf is equivalent(in what it kills/eats) to 10 moose or 22 elk a year. So i'm thinking you did a good deed for the ungulates in your area.

The one tied to the stick I used to drag him out of the bush,like dragging a deer.Part of my gear.
    There is still lots of wolves.A friend called in a pack a couple of weeks ago.Killed one at 10 feet from him,then shot another one then hit another that got away.Not bad 3 out of the pack in one go.
    A few years ago another buddy killed 2 and lost a 3rd one when calling a moose.
    You just gotta get out there and keep trying.

Red Mist,I like your handle

Look at the size of theses wolf tracks compared to my boot track

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    All and all its called shot shovel and shut up..
    I agree.....good to see you back....what were you getting for ungulates on cam this Year? I remember you posting lots of decent elk and deer previous years...

Quote Originally Posted by xlcc View Post
    The one tied to the stick I used to drag him out of the bush,like dragging a deer.Part of my gear.
    There is still lots of wolves.A friend called in a pack a couple of weeks ago.Killed one at 10 feet from him,then shot another one then hit another that got away.Not bad 3 out of the pack in one go.
    A few years ago another buddy killed 2 and lost a 3rd one when calling a moose.
    You just gotta get out there and keep trying.
    Great work....do you find distress calls or just howling like a wolf and sparking their curiosity more effective generally?

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Great work....do you find distress calls or just howling like a wolf and sparking their curiosity more effective generally?
    HarryToolips I have called in 5 different wolf packs this fall I use my voice and howl like the wolves howl ,,I called in one of the pack last year for a young feller last year he took
    a shot at the wolf and wounded it,,over the last 3 years i have called in 7 wolf packs,,I consider my voice good at wolf call in ..I have a rug from a male wolf I called
    in 3 years ago on my wall that I called this wolf in using my voice..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    I agree.....good to see you back....what were you getting for ungulates on cam this Year? I remember you posting lots of decent elk and deer previous years...
    My trails cam activity are way down from 2018 for deer and elk,,in 2019 only got 50% of what I usually get on my 15 trail cams that are set up
    reason being is the wolves,cats,bears declining the elk and deer..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..