Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Wolves Are Eating All Our Game Animals Up In BC..

Re: Wolves Are Eating All Our Game Animals Up In BC..

Ya GD , I think H 47 just posted those links but are not actually of himself . The wolves knock the coyote population way down just as the
    coyotes eliminate fox (like in the Fraser valley where there used to be thousands of fox)

Wolves might knock the coyote population down but there is no evidence of any wolves in this locale. The last wolf track I saw was six years ago. At that time, there was a pair which covered a circle of about a five mile radius. They had three pups but all of the pups were killed and the adults left the area. While they were here, the cougars were not and the coyotes mostly stayed on one side of the road and the wolves on the other. When the wolves left, ungulate populations were still pretty good but the writing was on the wall for the whitetails as the doe/fawn harvest increased. The MOE proclaimed the intention of reducing the elk herd by 25% and a biologist admitted to me that they had gone too far and the population had been reduced much more than that.

Pulled this from pg1966 fb.

This response below is in regard of a photo pg66 posted of a pet dog killed by wolves.

Norma Gunn you are either stupid, or an outright liar. Trump not allowing killing in dens or from the air just for shits and giggles. He removed the federal mandate so that states reclaim their authority over their own conservation and wildlife, instead of having some ignorant liberal **** in DC lording over them based on popular opinion. That way when extreme populations, or individual animals need to be dealt with, state biologists and wildlife experts who understand the specific situations are responsible for deciding how best to deal with it. Doing any of those things is still illegal.
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by GreyDog View Post
    Wolves might knock the coyote population down but there is no evidence of any wolves in this locale. The last wolf track I saw was six years ago. At that time, there was a pair which covered a circle of about a five mile radius. They had three pups but all of the pups were killed and the adults left the area. While they were here, the cougars were not and the coyotes mostly stayed on one side of the road and the wolves on the other. When the wolves left, ungulate populations were still pretty good but the writing was on the wall for the whitetails as the doe/fawn harvest increased. The MOE proclaimed the intention of reducing the elk herd by 25% and a biologist admitted to me that they had gone too far and the population had been reduced much more than that.
    I see .... that explains it . Gov , biologist , nuff said .

Quote Originally Posted by GreyDog View Post
    You think!!!???????
    They F'd up so badly and the worst part is still to come!
    They don't want to bring back the herd #'s like in the past.
    Not even half of what they should be!!!

SO, they are still F'ing up!!!!
    NIMRODS in that part of the Province and should have been kicked out years ago when they over culled all the Cows and brought
    in 6pt.
    (am assuming you are talking about the EK?, but if elsewhere, then there are more jackasses that need the boot!)

Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Everybody like to reference Ray Demarchi and the cow elk massacre he orchestrated.

Nobody talk about how Tembec massacre forest in EK. Nobody talks about how coal mines obliterated winter range and travel corridors. Nobody talk about trains killng game. Nobody talk about speeding vehicles killng game in EK. Nobody blame deep snow winters.

But everybody like to blame atv/utv hunter and out of towners going to EK to kill elk.
    And if an Indian shoots a big ram at Line Creek Mine or at Salmo feding station they all get right savage.

White tail deer to blame for mule deer decline.
    Now big bad wolf and cougar get blame.

The 4-23 region is an industrial disaster and a mismanaged debacle.

Dont you dare drive atv or vehicle on road closure.

What a disgrace.

A mecca of hunting opportunty is now a dead zone and industrial wasteland.

Quote Originally Posted by SemperAurum View Post
    Everybody like to reference Ray Demarchi and the cow elk massacre he orchestrated.

Nobody talk about how Tembec massacre forest in EK. Nobody talks about how coal mines obliterated winter range and travel corridors. Nobody talk about trains killng game. Nobody talk about speeding vehicles killng game in EK. Nobody blame deep snow winters.

But everybody like to blame atv/utv hunter and out of towners going to EK to kill elk.
    And if an Indian shoots a big ram at Line Creek Mine or at Salmo feding station they all get right savage.

White tail deer to blame for mule deer decline.
    Now big bad wolf and cougar get blame.

The 4-23 region is an industrial disaster and a mismanaged debacle.

Dont you dare drive atv or vehicle on road closure.

What a disgrace.

A mecca of hunting opportunty is now a dead zone and industrial wasteland.
    110% right.
    The issues in the EK have little to do with Hunters!!!
    Roads were all open in the 70's and there were elk to be hunted (granted, not the mount of side roads we see now, and as you say, due to
    industry!)

The issues in the EK are due to many "commercial businesses" and their cause and effects.
    Don't forget development on some prime winter range!
    Logging the shit out of the valleys.

I know we need these industries, but, we need some huge changes and how they are operated.
    The destruction of habitat, or the major alterations of it due to these factors that is causing the demise.
    AND, some stupid decisions by the ministry and how they have been managing the wildlife like elk thru their regulations, and also by
    listening to some of those private interests and running the show they way they want it run, not what hunters would like to see it run.

Hunters get much of the blame, have to put up with the multitude or Regulations that are introduced, and yet the decline still happens.
    Obvious it is related to other factors outside of hunting.
    But those in authority who could make changes continue to not listen.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https...6vtpExijsStkA7

Timber companies taking big timber for wintering areas for elk ,deer etc are a big factor as well on the decline of game animals the game animals depend on this timber
    in the winter months to eat food and bed in the timber with more older growth gone.

Its getting harder for game animals to find timber to bed,,also the timber companies keep pushing roads further back making it accessible for hunters and the travel of wolves
    on the roads.

What I have seen over my yrrs hunting in the mountains is there always were roads put in back into the back country from logging outfits the more roads that are established
    the more the wolves like to travel.
    Last edited by hunter1947; 12-17-2019 at 03:34 AM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    110% right.
    The issues in the EK have little to do with Hunters!!!
    Roads were all open in the 70's and there were elk to be hunted (granted, not the mount of side roads we see now, and as you say, due to
    industry!)

The issues in the EK are due to many "commercial businesses" and their cause and effects.
    Don't forget development on some prime winter range!
    Logging the shit out of the valleys.

I know we need these industries, but, we need some huge changes and how they are operated.
    The destruction of habitat, or the major alterations of it due to these factors that is causing the demise.
    AND, some stupid decisions by the ministry and how they have been managing the wildlife like elk thru their regulations, and also by
    listening to some of those private interests and running the show they way they want it run, not what hunters would like to see it run.

Hunters get much of the blame, have to put up with the multitude or Regulations that are introduced, and yet the decline still happens.
    Obvious it is related to other factors outside of hunting.
    But those in authority who could make changes continue to not listen.
    More hunting regulations is the solution says the idiots! Hasn't worked before but this time....

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea