Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Wolves Are Eating All Our Game Animals Up In BC..

Re: Wolves Are Eating All Our Game Animals Up In BC..

Quote Originally Posted by vladthepes View Post
    it will makes no differences at all. These animals are so cleaver and so elusive that we can barely see them. Ever the most experience trappers have problems to catch them. (and i am a trapper).
    They are tough and smart as hell but there is dedicated hunters and trappers who get good at taking wolves

As a trapper you likely know of a few BC trappers that are really good with wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Yup, I concur 100% with the member in question.
    Most folks that hunt are law abiding and great people.
    Yes, there are some that don't give a shit and some who try hard to find the loopholes in hunting and there are a few.

NOBODY I have seen/read on HBC wants wolves to be eradicated in BC, not one post have I ever seen saying that.
    So, there are a few members who are out to lunch when they say that some here want that, and should be kicked off HBC for such false
    claims.

As for the ETHICAL factor on wolves and hip shots, I agree and I think every hbc member also agrees it is NOT EHTICAL, but rather
    PRACTICAL if one wants to do a proper job when taking wolves and not making the issue worse, thus it is brought up.

EVERY HBC MEMBER would like to see the Ministry to start doing the RIGHT THING, which is a full on cull of entire packs to "thin them out".
    IT is a part of managing all wildlife in BC and without it, creates some real imbalances that take years to "naturally be rectified"!!
    And that doesn't work when we had the human factor to these issues, and I am not just talking hunter, but everyone in BC playing a role
    in the demise of game #'s.

And to say that a member is potentially unethical in one situation, does not mean they are unethical all across the board!
    It just means they are frustrated with "one particular issue".

Some folks need to get their asses kicked off HBC and they can go F off to the Anti Sites!
    Exactly, and I am with you, I don't want to see wolves eradicated, just controlled..right now they are out of control in this province...

Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    I disagree, as we clearly have a pred prob in BC...but you continue on your your politically correct high horse...
    Said it from day one some areas have a problem some dont, but if yoour against illegal activity that means your on a politically high horse, interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    Exactly, and I am with you, I don't want to see wolves eradicated, just controlled..right now they are out of control in this province...
    Where has any one said they were worried about wolves been eradicated, or that some want that.
    There is a few on here that continue to dream stuff up and do make hunting/hunters look bad with there talk
    of illegal activity and un ethical methods, such as causing pain and suffering to animals, then they say its the
    governments fault that thye are doing it, quit sad.
    Some stuff may being done by the government in parts of the EK to do with predators they just dont like it
    being known.

To each there own but posing for a hero shot with your dead dog, just doesnt seem right.

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    To each there own but posing for a hero shot with your dead dog, just doesnt seem right.
    We are seeing that pic completely different

I would not call that a hero shot because he does not look like he is celebrating at all. Looks more like someone who is upset and sharing their experience as a warning of potential hazards with wolves and hounds

I think Wayne is a very handsome man and he is very photogenetic. I would let him take a hero picture with me and my dog any day.
    Wayne you are a gem. I love that many dummies on this forum eat out of your hand. Just like a good dog would do.

Goooooooood Boyyyyyyy

For me, a picture of a dead wolf elicits a warm and fuzzy feeling. Very impressive creatures.

I wonder how long they can go without a meal???? Anybody know?
    Last edited by SemperAurum; 12-12-2019 at 08:43 PM.

In looking at the facebook page, I was a little confused. The only Pinkham Creek of which I am aware is down by Eureka, Montana.
    Over the last few days, since we have had enough snow to see tracks, the lack of whitetail sign is notable. This is in an area which had a pretty large population. In fact, 10 years ago, the population was impressive. Now, not so much. The elk herd is also much reduced. This is not due to the presence of wolves. I have not seen a wolf track within five miles of the house for 6 years.
    Another animal which is reduced in numbers is the coyote. Probably because there are not enough prey animals to keep them here. Over the winter, I'll start to cover different areas to the west of the house and see how things look.
    Further south, wolves are reported more often (up from Montana) so it seems like a more likely area to hunt for some. GD