Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolves Are Eating All Our Game Animals Up In BC..

Re: Wolves Are Eating All Our Game Animals Up In BC..

Quote Originally Posted by Buckmeister View Post
    I've been telling many people lately about the rise in the local area's wolf population. The conversation is usually met with indifference or disbelief. Because they don't personally see or hear any wolves, they don't think there is a problem, even when it was reported recently about a wolf carrying away someones little dog in it's mouth. If wolves are killing domestic pets, there is too many wolves and/or not enough other prey.
    I hear Wolves howling around my house now.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    ....BC manageManagement in BC has to do a wolf cull and keep it hidden from social media what us hunter do to control the wolf population is squat to reduce number and the trappers take a few but not many..
    Wayne, you are correct.
    BC is doing and needs to expand predator (wolf) culls. The most recent ones are in conjunction with First Nations....the same ones many on this site seem to blame for our lack of game.
    The only way we will ever see game management that cannot be tampered with by politicians under the guise of “doing what they do in the best interest of the public”...is work with FN’s.
    Politician's and the media won’t touch them.

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    I hear Wolves howling around my house now.
    Go hunt one!

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    Wayne, you are correct.
    BC is doing and needs to expand predator (wolf) culls. The most recent ones are in conjunction with First Nations....the same ones many on this site seem to blame for our lack of game.
    The only way we will ever see game management that cannot be tampered with by politicians under the guise of “doing what they do in the best interest of the public”...is work with FN’s.
    Politician's and the media won’t touch them.
    Yes you are correct I agree with your thoughts 150%..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

There was a very sad posting on facebook's a few days ago someone posted up a pack of wolves coming into there front yard area they had a surveillance camera
    in front of there home that caught this pack of wolves killing and ripping apart the two dogs and eating them was a very disturbing post to see maybe some of you
    saw this video ,,whats next may be a child or a adult next??..

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    Go hunt one!
    Now that mainstream hunting is pretty much over with for the year, I was thinking of setting out a bait pile here shortly as I am in the bush everyday. I shot at 2 of them and hit one, may have hit the other but not sure....when they come out they sure move fast and they are a pretty big target when standing broadside, then when they turn toward you they are a surprisingly thin target to hit.
    I will try some serious Wolf hunting this year.

The management has implemented a compulsory inspection in some zones in BC in the past few years,,I don't care for this compulsory inspection ,,it is a good idea but ,,, what my thoughts are is that they should change the compulsory inspection..
    This is what the inspector wanted when I took my wolf in two years ago a tooth and a sample of hair and the closes landmark the wolf was shot why could we not sent this in mail the tooth and hair can be put
    into a sealed envelope.

Why should we take the time to travel many miles taking a wolf into a inspector using our gas and time and lots of times when you do go to the inspector they are not there and if you don't want the wolf after inspection then you have to deal with getting rid of the wolf,,the wolf I had in my freezer two years ago stunk up the freezer so bad that I had to use bleach and water 3 times to get rid of the smell..

Where do you take it dump or drop it off in a remote area and let nature clean it up ?? might thoughts from my thoughts above makes more sense and this way the management won't have to pay the inspector money the money will be kept in management ,,I might be out to lunch on my thoughts but its what my thoughts are..
    Last edited by hunter1947; 12-11-2019 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckmeister View Post
    I've been telling many people lately about the rise in the local area's wolf population. The conversation is usually met with indifference or disbelief. Because they don't personally see or hear any wolves, they don't think there is a problem, even when it was reported recently about a wolf carrying away someones little dog in it's mouth. If wolves are killing domestic pets, there is too many wolves and/or not enough other prey.
    We aren't too far from one another, I forgot to add that I heard a neighbor had at least one big dog killed by something bigger than it. I also notice a significant drop in the Coyote population locally.
    When I first discovered signs of Wolves....some thought I was full of shit too.

Why inspector dont come yu house,,,where wolf(s) is cold...? He is getting paid for it..not another way around..shooter is losing his time and gas money for nothing.. that is not right.

Coyotes are way down in Kamloops in my areas anyhow.. I do believe the wolves are killing them any chance they can