Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolves Are Eating All Our Game Animals Up In BC..

Re: Wolves Are Eating All Our Game Animals Up In BC..

I went to a public meeting regarding the caribou situation and suggested a bounty be placed on wolves as that would help hunters get out and do their part.The govt. reps at the meeting did not like that word "bounty".

Last edited by hunter1947; 12-11-2019 at 04:47 PM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by xlcc View Post
    I went to a public meeting regarding the caribou situation and suggested a bounty be placed on wolves as that would help hunters get out and do their part.The govt. reps at the meeting did not like that word "bounty".
    Even with a bounty I don’t think it will do much. With the bounty’s that would put out in the past by R&G clubs it really did not make a big impact. The fact of the matter is wolves are tough to hunt and involve time/dedication most hunters won’t invest for the minimal results they will achieve. Even at $500 a wolf most hunters would not even break even with the $ they put into hunting them. The guys who will do well are the same guys who put in the effort right now without a bounty

BC hunters who do predator hunt need to promote it to other hunters and educate them on how along with the it is beneficial to the other game populations.

I know more wolf hunters in one town in Alberta then I know in the whole province of BC and it’s not because of a bounty

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    no season on wolves in Harrison and there is very few. Elk in Harrison are experiencing a 2 legged problem

Region 2 all wolf seasons are on the west of the region basically Squamish north but wolf numbers don’t reach increase until you get into region 3. The packs in 3-32 could use a thinning for sure

Where you getting your intel from and how old is it?

There are wolf packs in 2-6 that could use some hunting pressure for sure.

I'm sure proguiide66 could also chime in on whats needed in certain areas around Pemby?
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by Ohwildwon View Post
    Where you getting your intel from and how old is it?

There are wolf packs in 2-6 that could use some hunting pressure for sure.

I'm sure proguiide66 could also chime in on whats needed in certain areas around Pemby?

There is healthy wolf numbers yes but not crazy numbers and I will go with the opinions of the guys who trap in the area. Been about 2 years since I have talked to the trappers I know in that area, about 6 years since I talked to Steve about his trapping in that area, 7 years since I was talking to the head predator bio in BC maybe longer and about 6 years since I was talking to the region 2 bio. Yes I might be a little out of date but I have been around the block a time or two

I bet I make a few calls there has not been much change in wolf numbers in that area.

I fully support them being hunted in 2 but the numbers combined with the terrain you are running really low odds on an already low odds hunt

I am all ears if you have sources I don’t or if you have been stacking up wolves in region 2 I would be impressed

WE should start an anuall wolf derby . everyone pitch in 100$ Have four locations they are to be measured at the end of the season. Half the pot goes to the BC sheep society. The other half goes to the guy who shot or killed the most wolfs. Or the biggest wolf? Something along those lines?
    Just like a big buck contest.
    For real . throw in your ideas . lets cook this thing into action.

Wolves are very hard to get for the super above average hunter.

why not Put a permanent thread on this site with maps/gps/locations and let the members report the wolf encounters (tracks, howls, sightings). Might help somebody to find and shoot one or more.

I say helicopters, poison, and more helicopters and poison.

After watching the amount of helicopter money wasted on forest fires over the years and this latest Fraser River rockslide debacle, it should be possible to pay for some choppers to kill wolveses.

Quote Originally Posted by SemperAurum View Post
    Wolves are very hard to get for the super above average hunter.

why not Put a permanent thread on this site with maps/gps/locations and let the members report the wolf encounters (tracks, howls, sightings). Might help somebody to find and shoot one or more.

I say helicopters, poison, and more helicopters and poison.

After watching the amount of helicopter money wasted on forest fires over the years and this latest Fraser River rockslide debacle, it should be possible to pay for some choppers to kill wolveses.
    ‘Wolftracker’ was a website that shared wolf sightings intel. Haven’t heard anything about it in quite some time.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

it will makes no differences at all. These animals are so cleaver and so elusive that we can barely see them. Ever the most experience trappers have problems to catch them. (and i am a trapper).

a good solution would be for the government to offer a reasonable bounty for each wolves killed. But good luck with that with our bleeding hearts in charge!