Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolves Are Eating All Our Game Animals Up In BC..

Re: Wolves Are Eating All Our Game Animals Up In BC..

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    hunter 1947 always thought it pretty neat the amount of time you spent in he bush
    but sorry to see you went this way, but it seems all to comin these days especially looking
    at some of the posts on this site. Cant go out a single day here with out finding some thing
    illegal been done.
    If the govt isn't going to manage wildlife properly, then we will have to....I hope more ppl do what H47 is recommending, it is a pred pit out there, and if opportunities arise, we are going to have to take them to help the ungulates out, plain and simple....desperate time call for desperate measures...

Some of these post are out to lunch they make no sense at all ,,I don't even want to reply to them don't want to waist my time,,this kind of talk is one reason I took a break from HBC

There are some HBC members that know what they are talking about,,(Bugle Me in) is one of them..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    If the govt isn't going to manage wildlife properly, then we will have to....I hope more ppl do what H47 is recommending, it is a pred pit out there, and if opportunities arise, we are going to have to take them to help the ungulates out, plain and simple....desperate time call for desperate measures...
    Like i said many people are into doing illegal things /poaching and if there doing it on a wolf cat or bear they are no different then the guy doing it on a ungulate.

[QUOTE=hunter1947;2137526]Some of these post are out to lunch they make no sense at all ,,I don't even want to reply to them don't want to waist my time,,this kind of talk is one reason I took a break from HBC

There are some HBC members that know what they are talking about,,

Yes your right don't no why people recommend illegal stuff then get upset when questioned on it.

Wayne ignore the idiots or tell them to get F ed and if you are too nice I offer my services to tell them to get F ed on your behalf. No charge and a few I would even enjoy telling them to get F ed lol

The fact of the matter is BC needs balance in the predator prey ratios. It’s not a matter of hunters thinking all the game belongs to them it’s called common sense that if we only remove animals from one side spectrum of the spectrum we will have an unbalance. Man has also modified the landscape to benifit the ability for predators to travel with minimal effort giving access to prey that was out of reach in the past.

It is not a matter of eradicating predators like some assume but man has played such a factor in changing the ecosystem it’s not a simple” let nature sort it out” either.

Unfortunately the idea of opening up inactive traplines is a political mess and you big hiccups are BC government not wanting to address the issue along with FN discussions. I was highly active on the issue in the past and the biggest issue is government just straight up does not want to put in the effort to get the problem solved. All the policies and procedures are there and have been there forever. The excuse used is FN consolation but they have not/won’t even attempt to start them in most cases. There is also other issues beyond this and part of it is in those trying to push it to change

Getting anything done on this front is like pulling teeth with rusty pliers with govt, lack of common sense and those trying to protect personal interest

Nice to have you around Wayne

This 7mm was modified back in 1972 the rifle before getting it modified was a 3006 its the only rifle I have used all my years hunting in the past 48 years douglas supreme barrel 28 inches long with
    the same 3x9 leupold scope that I paid for both 100 bucks back in 1972 and this wolf did not have a chance when it came out into the open cutblock..

Nice!!! Get em while we can.

sam

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Wayne ignore the idiots or tell them to get F ed and if you are too nice I offer my services to tell them to get F ed on your behalf. No charge and a few I would even enjoy telling them to get F ed lol

The fact of the matter is BC needs balance in the predator prey ratios. It’s not a matter of hunters thinking all the game belongs to them it’s called common sense that if we only remove animals from one side spectrum of the spectrum we will have an unbalance. Man has also modified the landscape to benifit the ability for predators to travel with minimal effort giving access to prey that was out of reach in the past.

It is not a matter of eradicating predators like some assume but man has played such a factor in changing the ecosystem it’s not a simple” let nature sort it out” either.

Unfortunately the idea of opening up inactive traplines is a political mess and you big hiccups are BC government not wanting to address the issue along with FN discussions. I was highly active on the issue in the past and the biggest issue is government just straight up does not want to put in the effort to get the problem solved. All the policies and procedures are there and have been there forever. The excuse used is FN consolation but they have not/won’t even attempt to start them in most cases. There is also other issues beyond this and part of it is in those trying to push it to change

Getting anything done on this front is like pulling teeth with rusty pliers with govt, lack of common sense and those trying to protect personal interest

Nice to have you around Wayne
    Good post wild one i totally agree with your post ,,BC management should look at what the USA is doing to help control the wolf population in parts of these two states I looked up on the internet 5 months ago in montana and idaho what the management is doing they pay 900 bucks to any wolf brought into the game department..

This is where there is a hi population area with wolves and in area zones where population is lower they the management in the USA paying 500 bucks for a wolf..

Management in BC has to do a wolf cull and keep it hidden from social media what us hunter do to control the wolf population is squat to reduce number and the trappers take a few but not many..
    Last edited by hunter1947; 12-11-2019 at 08:19 AM.

I've been telling many people lately about the rise in the local area's wolf population. The conversation is usually met with indifference or disbelief. Because they don't personally see or hear any wolves, they don't think there is a problem, even when it was reported recently about a wolf carrying away someones little dog in it's mouth. If wolves are killing domestic pets, there is too many wolves and/or not enough other prey.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

Quote Originally Posted by Buckmeister View Post
    I've been telling many people lately about the rise in the local area's wolf population. The conversation is usually met with indifference or disbelief. Because they don't personally see or hear any wolves, they don't think there is a problem, even when it was reported recently about a wolf carrying away someones little dog in it's mouth. If wolves are killing domestic pets, there is too many wolves and/or not enough other prey.
    In the area I have hunted over the past 50 years never saw or heard of a wolf until the late 90ies since then the wolf population has exploited to an unbelievable number.

I got it pegged that there are 6 different wolf packs within the area I hunt within a 40 Kilometer range not all zones have a high populated area of wolves but it won't be
    long till there was a wolf problem in other area zones unless management does something about the wolf problem now..

wolves expand in numbers to different zone areas and keep on expanding into different area zones,,just look back on what the wolves did on Vancouver island back in the 90ties

The wolves started in big numbers north end of the island and in a few years they where eating up the deer in the south end of the island..
    Last edited by hunter1947; 12-11-2019 at 08:37 AM.