Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arrowstone - Advice appreciated.

Re: Arrowstone - Advice appreciated.

NO ATV/ORV or even ELECTRIC BIKES.
    Trucks/cars okay, as long as you stay on roads.
    ALSO, some of the FIRE PERIMETER ROADS ARE OFF LIMITS, so check, and dont rely just on signs.

AS for ARROWSTONE, i believe road is washed out a short way up from back valley Rd.

Due to the Fire AND ALL THE LOGGING over the years (which is like a barren waste ground on top of plateau!!),
    THERE IS A LOT OF WASHOUTS and MUDSLIDES OCCURING.

So, you never know when another road will be missing, but sooner or later, more of them will be washed away, i assure you.

all atv access is banned in Elephant fire area

Lots of deer being shot in the burned areas.

The signs at the entrance off hwy 97 indicate no motor vehicles that’s what I was wondering about. I was stopped reading the sign and a truck drove right by me heading up.

Well, i think the main rd is open, if you are talking north of CC on 97.
    Dont know why that would be closed to trucks/cars?
    ORV/ATV, then yes, off limits.

As i said, the rd going up Arrowstone from Backvalley is washed out a couple of clicks up it, so the only way is north of CC.
    I havent been up that way in sometime, but i think others this past year were going up using the north route from what they were saying.

The no vehicle sign (car with a line thru it ) might apply to all the trails off the main road. I wasn't sure and didn't want the grief.

Quote Originally Posted by 264mag View Post
    The no vehicle sign (car with a line thru it ) might apply to all the trails off the main road. I wasn't sure and didn't want the grief.
    Well, depending where, when the fire went thru, they put in a lot of fire perimeter break roads (dont know the real term).
    And those ones are definetly off limits, and that is usually where you see the signs.
    However, they took some "liberties" (you could say) and put signs "close to those fire breaks", but on an old road which was there way before any fire,
    and make it off limits due to sign placement, but some folks feel that is wrong and still use the old roads, as long as they stay off the fire break roads.
    Those that have hunted the area for years know which roads were there before, and so they disregard the signs.
    Is it right??? dont know?
    I think if it was there before hand, it should be allowed, imo.
    The other fact is, some of these roads may have a sign at "one end", but if they have access from the other end, a lot of folks go in that way,
    because there is no sign on that end.
    So, kind of stupid if you think about it.
    And might be why you see folks drive "out" of a road where there is a sign, because the other end didn't, but you don't see folks "go in" where the sign is?

I do get the ORV/ATV restriction, as some just cant stay on the roads, thus ruining it for the others that do.
    My hunting partners have ATV's and stick to roads, so it did impact them.
    Stupid because if it is a truck, you can drive.
    Just rare to see one go off road, but, there are a few clowns who still do.
    Hope they stop, or get stopped, because it could end up where there is no vehicle access period, and the majority get screwed by the few idiots
    amongst us.

Also noticed in that area a lot of the no vehicle signs on the side roads, such as the side road that turns off right before the wash out get torn down leading to lots of vehicle traffic going through that area. This one in particular was up all year last year and was there when I was scouting the area last week of October but when I went to hike up there after remeberance day the sign was gone and there was evidence of lots vehicle traffic going up in the snow

The Elephant Hill ORV restriction expired December 31, 2020.

uATV for Hunting Closed Areas: Theoperation of all ATVs, including electricbicycles, to hunt wildlife, transportwildlife, transport equipment and supplieswhich are intended for or in supportof hunting, or transport hunters to andfrom the location of wildlife is prohibitedin from September 1 to December 10 inMUs 3-28, 3-29, 3-30, and that portionof MU 3-17 shown on Map C3.

Copied and pasted from page 43 of 2020-2022 hunting regs.