Thread: A few pics...

Re: A few pics...

Thanks for sharing! Great pics

More great photos Dan, thanks.

Awesome, thanks for sharing!!!

Always love your pics Dano.... and the way they capture your lifestyle!
    Last edited by Stone Sheep Steve; 12-03-2019 at 05:59 PM.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

why shoot hens

Quote Originally Posted by Browning 3\d View Post
    why shoot hens
    their legal.

Mallard populations are high, regulations allow for up to 8 a day. I do prefer to shoot drakes but have no problem shooting hens. My choice, and the farmer that grants me permission to hunt his properties thanks us for taking any bird we can on his property.
    I’m also colour blind and often think I had shot a Drake and it’s a hen. Obviously on sunny days it’s not a problem but on dull days I see darker head and top chest with lighter belly. Dog retrieves it and I say thought it was a drake, friends all laugh....
    I don’t shoot Wood ducks on purpose (sometimes think one is a Widgeon) but guys hunting with me sometimes do. Friend was thrilled to get one Sunday after years looking to bag one. I’m happy for him and seeing as it’s near where we have 15 Nestboxes it’s a good bet it could be offspring of our project. He’s a volunteer on our project, earned his wall mount!

why shoot hens
    Buddi doing what she does best!

why shoot hens
    Why not hens? They're not like chickens where one rooster will mate with several hens. Mallards pair up every season (seasonal monogamy) and stay together to raise the ducklings. I would assume when it comes to gender they're pretty even in numbers. geese and swans, on the other hand, mate for life unless one of them gets killed off.

Quote Originally Posted by mastercaster View Post
    Why not hens? They're not like chickens where one rooster will mate with several hens. Mallards pair up every season (seasonal monogamy) and stay together to raise the ducklings. I would assume when it comes to gender they're pretty even in numbers. geese and swans, on the other hand, mate for life unless one of them gets killed off.
    Wrong, as soon as hen starts laying drake is gone looking for other hens that haven’t nested or lost nest. You are correct about geese and swans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dano View Post
    We are having a very good season, dogs are busy!

When I was around 15. I can remember the odd Oct-Nov friday night with the wind blowing and rain hitting the windows, and Dad agreeing to go duck hunting. I'd close my eyes to go to sleep, and that's exactly what I'd see.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU