Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some B.C. salmon runs face 'meaningful chance of extinction' after landslide

Thumbs down Some B.C. salmon runs face 'meaningful chance of extinction' after landslide

Some B.C. salmon runs face 'meaningful chance of extinction' after landslide, despite rescue mission

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...tion-1.5377632
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Some B.C. salmon runs face 'meaningful chance of extinction' after landslide

Well I sure hope they can remove the blockage over the low water winter period ..Blast the hell out of it if need be ..Inaction is a death knell on a already fragile fishery ...Dennis

Re: Some B.C. salmon runs face 'meaningful chance of extinction' after landslide

Interesting, so why did the salmon not go extinct after the rail rockslide in 1914, now called Hells Gate. Sure there was a small cleanup in 1915, but it wasn’t until 1944 that the fishways were under construction. I’m struggling to believe or seeing the blame placed solely on a rock slide when salmon can just about go vertical on wet rocks. Looks more like the scapegoat to over fishing that the public will buy as a story. Not saying that it doesn’t put some stress on returns, but don’t buy into the whole story.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

This won't hit the national headlines until they're 100% extinct.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

It’s all horse manure . Use the military f-18 practice range is now that pile of rock . Problem solved.
    wonder what’s over the next hill?

Just watched this on Global 6:00 PM news . Government are you listening I hope you can fix this ! We need to do all we can to keep our wild salmon !
    Arctic Lake
    Member of CCFR Would encourage you all to join today !
    Read Teddy Roosevelt “ The Man In The Arena “ !

It won't be a problem at all. We're paying hundreds of Indians or is it natives or is it first nation or is it aborigional or is it indigenous to deal with it. Salmon will have a fighting chance once our money is pissed away.

I agree with Tipper, let the keepers fix it , they seem to know everything about salmon and wildlife, all good here folks!!
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Good to see Mel as the new minister, hope he can have some impact
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Find it hard to believe that over time (the history of the Fraser even long before man showed up) that it didn't have slides before and yes,
    may have impacted salmon but somehow they came back regardless.

I get it though, they didn't have nets and man to remove them as they were trying to recover.

Can put a man on the moon, build skyscrapers and huge dams.....surely someone can fix this!
    Just F'n do it!!!!!