Thread: Has anyone hunted the midway mine or silver tip mind road in Northern BC

Has anyone hunted the midway mine or silver tip mind road in Northern BC

Has anyone hunted the midway mine road or the silver tip minning road for moose and caribou. Is there many quad trails there and do they go into the alpine. How is this area for moose and caribou. What is the best time to go. Any info

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Has anyone hunted the midway mine or silver tip mind road in Northern BC

Yes, but it was back in '97. It was Thanksgiving weekend and we only drove the roads that were plowed. I hiked up one mining trail to above treeline. I spotted a lone black wolf about 400-500 yards below me. I took a poke at him but didn't connect. After the shot, not know what was happening, the wolf looked up and saw me. He started running up the hill towards me and went out of site due to the terrain. A few minutes later he crested a knoll on the trail in front of me at about 40 yards, spun a 180 and was taking off when a 165gr caught him up the tail pipe. That pelt still hangs in my reloading room. Saw some moose tracks but no moose. Sorry I'm not much help and that the data is not that recent, brings back memories though....
    "There'll be no quitters, till we bag some critters"
    WSSBC - RMGA - BHA - CCFR

Re: Has anyone hunted the midway mine or silver tip mind road in Northern BC

Silvertip was busy when I went by this year.