Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feel lot Safer With Electric Fence Around My Camp

Feel lot Safer With Electric Fence Around My Camp

This 5000 battery powered controller puts out 5000 volts is good for 30 miles travel of electricity..total cost for entire set up 200 bucks..

.................................................. .....................
    Last edited by hunter1947; 12-07-2019 at 07:31 AM.
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Feel lot Safer With Electric Fence Around My Camp

how long it take to set up?

Quote Originally Posted by kosser View Post
    how long it take to set up?
    Three hours and the fence came down in 30 min ,,would be a good idea to put up
    an electric fence around your game animals that are on the meat pole

Good idea Wayne I bet ya sleep way better now.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

Good post Wayne,

With the GBear of the list to hunt, I can already see that bears in camp is going to be an issue a lot more in the years to come.
    (Already have seen the explosion of BBear where I hunted this fall for elk)

So yes, something like this could definitely help and you went to town with the 3 sets of wires for a fence.
    Especially when you spend countless days out there alone.

Quote Originally Posted by nature girl View Post
    Good idea Wayne I bet ya sleep way better now.
    Nature Girl and others Ever Since I had that black bear come into my camp early morning 12 feet from me this year 2019 I said enough is enough so I spent 200 bucks all what I
    needed for an electric fence..
    Took me 3 hours to put up all and 30 min to take it down ,,the controller has 5000 volts it puts out I know it works because on youtube it tells you how to check to
    see if the fence lines works.

You hook up the juce wire to the two prongs on one end of the 4 foot light tube and you put the other end onto the to ground lights up like you turned on the
    lights in the shop I have inselator handels on my exit out of camp one day I touched the wire near the handle did I ever get a boot when right up to my brain
    maybe that's why I am a little slow now ,,LOL.

Evanescence i put that fence up had no bears come into the hunting camp and yes when I an in their most of the
    time solo I feel much better at night when I am sitting around the fire in the dark and fast asleep at night

I have had grizzly bear come through my camp over the years one time if you remember in a post i put up a few years ago that a grizzly
    bear took my deer off the meat pole at night..

I Lost the entire deer all that was left was his claw marks on the tree he climbed to get at the deer and a pile of bones scattered all over the place
    Never did find the rack head off this whitetail deer the meat pole is 20 feet hi..

Since then I put barbed wire 6 inches apart and up 10 feet high and a 4x6 piece of plywood with 3 inch spikes 4 inches apart and lay this plywood
    with the nails under the animal that are hanging up on the meat pole..
    Last edited by hunter1947; 12-07-2019 at 01:53 PM.

I had an electric fence similar to this around my beehives up in the mountains and nothing touched the hives the two months they were up there. About 2 weeks ago took Angela out for a drive to shoot some guns and we spotted a Black Bear not 300 yards from where the hives were located. I may go looking for him in the spring. Sooner have him in my freezer then find $8000.00 in beehives destroyed.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    I had an electric fence similar to this around my beehives up in the mountains and nothing touched the hives the two months they were up there. About 2 weeks ago took Angela out for a drive to shoot some guns and we spotted a Black Bear not 300 yards from where the hives were located. I may go looking for him in the spring. Sooner have him in my freezer then find $8000.00 in beehives destroyed.
    Yes Marc the electric fences we put up keeps from anything getting destroyed Marc what kind of controller do you have around your bee

hives and what is the voltage that your controler puts out ??

I've often wondered if there was a way to rig a smoke detector to a tripwire, wake you up when an animal comes into camp at night.

Hmmm have 2 specific locations I would prefer this peace of mind with nasty agressive shit head G bears..lol
    great post.
    Srupp