Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: G Bear camp defense

Re: G Bear camp defense

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Mann View Post
    I can't tell who is serious here and who is just trolling. That video is by Corridor Digital, they make short videos heavily utilizing CGI and other editing techniques. Top notch work really, better than what many multimillion dollar movies have.

That being said, I would entrust my safety to a cold, calculating, properly programmed and tested AI/robot over an emotionally driven human being any day.
    Technology breaks down and glitches out I would not put too much faith in it

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Why do people think that clip is real
    Because for some old timers this looks incredibly realistic! Give'em a break.

One scary thing I learned lately is while western civilization has a pretty firm stance on AI kill-bots that decide when to pull the trigger, China has no such sanctions and has been building full autonomous killer robots that get to decide on their own who to kill. What's scarier is that they are on the third of fourth generation of this tech and are beginning to sell the old stuff to less than desirable countries/dictatorships.

I'm guessing many old timers and young alike might think this is real if you have never heard of Corridor Digital and know what they do. Also, I'm sure many don't know what CGI stands for...Computer Generated Imagery, as in special effects.

"Despite the online confusion, Corridor clarified that the video was never meant to be interpreted as "real", and that they would "like for people to be able to see the original", in response to one of the many unattributed viral versions online."

Technology breaks down and glitches out I would not put too much faith in it
    Well, you're not wrong, but people do too. Heart attacks, stroke, aneurysms and the like. That's why I say properly tested and programmed. None of this hasty scrambling to send out half finished products to meet deadline garbage that goes on in the tech industry.

That was great the ending was too human eh grab the dog and run lmao

That being said, I would entrust my safety to a cold, calculating, properly programmed and tested AI/robot over an emotionally driven human being any day.
    There's just one error in your logic. "Properly programmed" are two words you might want to ponder. And if you're suggesting that video is fake, and they can do some really good fakes now a days, is there anything in particular that suggests to you that this is all fake? Maybe you've heard of Boston Dynamics? https://www.bostondynamics.com/ Anything we're allowed to see, you can bet the Military is about 5 to 10 years out from that.
    Last edited by 180grainer; 11-27-2019 at 07:16 PM.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    There's just one error in your logic. "Properly programmed" are two words you might want to ponder. And if you're suggesting that video is fake, and they can do some really good fakes now a days, is there anything in particular that suggests to you that this is all fake? Maybe you've heard of Boston Dynamics? https://www.bostondynamics.com/ Anything we're allowed to see, you can bet the Military is about 5 to 10 years out from that.
    Well aware of the Boston Dynamics robot, the exact same robot that was the inspiration for the video. It is faked, because that is what Corridor Digital does. Watch some of their other videos, they're extremely good at what they do.

As for the 'properly programmed', yup. So long as it was rigorously tested, bug fixed and tested again, I'd trust my life to a machine. Tens of thousands do everyday whenever they board an airplane, as soon as control systems became fly by wire, computers are the real pilots. This pretty well applies to any application where a computer would be tasked with life and death decisions, doesn't matter what it's doing so long as it does it as good if not better than a human does. Especially if we're talking futuristic police/military robots. A machine would never shoot someone because of implicit bias towards certain ethnic groups for example.

Quote Originally Posted by 180grainer View Post
    And if you're suggesting that video is fake, and they can do some really good fakes now a days, is there anything in particular that suggests to you that this is all fake?
    It's not a suggestion. Here's the video from the Corridor Digital second channel, Corridor Crew, where they talk about and show some of the making of the first video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOyDwBvxAyA

Why do people think that clip is real
    Because it actually looks real. CGI is pretty damn good apparently.
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

As for the 'properly programmed', yup. So long as it was rigorously tested, bug fixed and tested again, I'd trust my life to a machine.
    Not what I'm getting at. Think "nefariously" programed. Like maybe to guard a re-education camp like the ones currently operating under man power right now in China. That video may very well be faked. But don't kid yourself. Their much more evolved than what you're allowed to see, and moving forward all the time.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU