Thread: Swaro X5 scope

Swaro X5 scope

I’ve got a z3 without turrets and I’m looking an X5.

My concern is the huge turret on the top. In a saddle scabbard especially. I guess this concern would be for any scope with a turret on top.

Anyone broke or damaged their turret packing a rifle in the saddle scabbard, strapped to their pack, etc.?

Ive broken plastic throw levers in the cold, they just crumble.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Swaro X5 scope

I think the X5 is designed for heavy duty Constant dialing for long distance shooters. It’s going to be complicated, bulky and heavy as a hunting scope. Super nice though. And expensive. How much dialing are you going to be doing?

Zeroed 300 yards, and I practice out to 700. Right now I won’t shoot over 500 at an animal but I’m hoping to change that. A Z5 looks more practical but I want something that will dial accurately and return everytime

The X5 turret system is complicated and the parallax on swaro scopes isn't the easiest to get right. The Zeiss V6 line and Nightforce NX8 line are both better options IMO. To your original question i dont think you'll have a problem breaking the turret on the X5, they're built fairly stout.

Okay good to know thank you