Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: BCWF to push for CROSSBOW BAN

Re: BCWF to push for CROSSBOW BAN

Quote Originally Posted by goatdancer View Post
    Seems to be a lot of bashing of the BCWF as a whole because of the opinion of one member. Pretty sad.
    Some people like to create lots of drama. The title of this thread should be "One guy wants to remove crossbows from bow season"
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    And traditional bow hunters could say the same about compound bows with hi tech add ons. An attack on legal hunting is an attack on hunting period.

THIS!

This is NO different than the antis saying we don’t NEED semi autos to hunt, they are just trying to divide and conquer. ANY hunter that supports ANY kind of ban on ANY legal season or method of harvest should re evaluate his/her position on hunting or stop trying to put his/her own ethics or morales on anyone else that’s hunting.

a bow is a bow is a bow.

just like

a gun is a gun is a gun.

give your ****ing heads a shake people.

It's the rational behind such an idea that I don't get, "oh a crossbow has a scope so it can be very accurate" ya for 40-50 yards, I own a crossbow and I wouldn't even attempt a longer shot on game no matter how much I practiced. I would love to shoot other bow type's but after injuries to shoulders and arm's I physically can't, but with a cocking aid I can shoot and hunt with a crossbow. The argument that oh well other provinces already have this such as Alberta, they also bait bears too, we don't. To me, it's no different that what the Fly fishermen say about gear chucker's, same argument. Long bow or Recurve hunters and shooters have the same opinions about compound bows with their sights as what compound bow users say about crossbows. I just hope the BCWF understand that they represent all B.C. hunters and fishermen not just their membership and not to try to limit hunting and fishing opportunities.

A motion such as this should be out of order. If the BCWF had proper bylaws and a constitution that upheld hunters rights this motion would not be considered. This is the best example that the BCWF is not a hunter organization but a wildlife organization something that many hunters get confused.
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

Crossbows have the same distance restrictions as compounds.. i have no idea why there is such a hatred for them.. provincially, how many animals are taken with x bows, potentially removing that game from the ecosystem for the "archers"- compound and recurve guys??
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

I own and shoot an x bow due to being on in years and have abused my body with work and sports.. i am lucky if i shoot 1 animal every 5 years with it.. i dont think that makes it a conservation concern tool.. just hatred between hunters using different tools
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    I own and shoot an x bow due to being on in years and have abused my body with work and sports.. i am lucky if i shoot 1 animal every 5 years with it.. i dont think that makes it a conservation concern tool.. just hatred between hunters using different tools

BINGO.
    just a few upset that other people put in “less effort” than them to see success, same as the people who complain about road hunters... little do most people know if you know an area and are willing to hike road hunters are a huge benefit !

just like everyone slinging arrows is a huge benefit because they have to pass on way more game than someone with a rifle does! I can whole heartedly tell you that if i was restricted to a bow, I would have never had a chance at 80 percent of my animals and the remaining 20 percent would be questionable at best.

Perhaps this thread should get a new title.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

These proposals are always much easier to kill when very young.
    Waiting for "official" status is not a good idea.

Besides offering a reasoning that "a crossbow shooter (is)" at a very distinct advantage over someone using traditional or recurve equipment or even most compound bows.",
    is there a conservation or allocation concern associated to the use of crossbows during the archery season?
    If not, then the proposal is on very thin ice....

Quitting the BCWF may very well be a good decision, however it may be a very poor decision if the BCWF maintains their position as the voice of Resident hunters.
    Be careful to not leave the fox in charge when leaving your hen house....

Quote Originally Posted by Island Idiots View Post
    A motion such as this should be out of order. If the BCWF had proper bylaws and a constitution that upheld hunters rights this motion would not be considered. This is the best example that the BCWF is not a hunter organization but a wildlife organization something that many hunters get confused.
    This is not a BCWF resolution . This is one member of region 2 putting it forward to be voted on. If it passes at their meeting it goes on to the BCWF meeting to be voted on. The title of this thread is misleading to say the least. Bashing the BCWF is a little premature in this case. They haven't passed anything.